Need parts list for Warrior build

Hello everyone, I'm new here and completely new to Trike building. I bought the plans for the Warrior, but I didn't see a parts list anywhere, even here on the forum or AZ website.
I only have a vague idea of what tools I need use or buy, some sort of welder [although I may have a friend that can help with it], an angle grinder, and drill.
I'm not sure how much metal to buy or what donor bikes I will need to look for. So far, I have an old Schwinn street bike and an old mountain bike for females I can use for parts.
Thanks for any help you can provide.
Remy

What parts you need to buy will depend a lot on your donor bikes and what they come with such as disc brakes or have they only got rim brakes etc. It will also depend on what you are prepared to reuse or intend to replace with something shinier or better.

As for donors, get steel framed mountain bikes without lugs. Alloy frames are of no use. If you can find one with disc brakes that'll save you buying them. Try freecycle.org for old bikes. I've had several for free from there. I've also found it useful to buy decent quality donors for some projects to get such things as quality groupsets and hydraulic brakes though I'd suggest opting for freebies / cheapies for a first build unless you are certain of what you want the finished product to be.

Many builders combine designs to get what they want and a Warrior front and Streetfox rear is common. The plans are easy enough to blend differing designs together. Many people also substitute what they already have in various parts of the build such as using rectangular or round tube for the main chassis. If a complete parts list exists I've never seen it. The builds we see on here are probably biased towards at least some alterations rather than exactly to plan and that will leave the builder with a different parts requirement.

What parts you need to buy will depend a lot on your donor bikes and what they come with such as disc brakes or have they only got rim brakes etc. It will also depend on what you are prepared to reuse or intend to replace with something shinier or better.

As for donors, get steel framed mountain bikes without lugs. Alloy frames are of no use. If you can find one with disc brakes that'll save you buying them. Try freecycle.org for old bikes. I've had several for free from there. I've also found it useful to buy decent quality donors for some projects to get such things as quality groupsets and hydraulic brakes though I'd suggest opting for freebies / cheapies for a first build unless you are certain of what you want the finished product to be.

Many builders combine designs to get what they want and a Warrior front and Streetfox rear is common. The plans are easy enough to blend differing designs together. Many people also substitute what they already have in various parts of the build such as using rectangular or round tube for the main chassis. If a complete parts list exists I've never seen it. The builds we see on here are probably biased towards at least some alterations rather than exactly to plan and that will leave the builder with a different parts requirement.
I checked Craigslist and freecycle, didn't see anything on freecycle in my area and it doesn't seem to have a search function, and I didn't see any bike on Craigslist with disc brakes, at least nothing within a reasonable price range. I don't mind buying some cheap $50 set though so that isn't a big deal. The main problem seems to be what everyone else has, what to do for the front wheels. It would all be so much easier if I could just buy some old BMX wheels and use two sets of front forks. Probably not as cool looking as the normal wheels only attached on one side, but I would prefer easy and functional over difficulty and style at the moment.

How much metal should I start out with assuming I'm going for the Streetfox style on the back? [Thanks for the pointer]

If you can't find suitable wheels or not inclined to buy some the chances of getting front forks to work instead is negligible in all honesty ?
People have enough trouble jigging up the front arms for caster and rake using a recovered headset without great big front forks waving about , and down near the axle there is very little metal to weld to.

You would be better off building a delta.

You go through the plans and add up all the lengths you need for each part , everyone has to adjust for different leg lengths and also different size wheels and load area's etc , then I suggest you double it for cutting mistakes and changes of mind/bad welding etc.

You don't say where you are [ I suspect over the pond ] however some people also find difficulty sourcing the steel with 1.5mm - 1/16th etc wall sizes although some go thicker if they are on the weighty size.

Paul

Website
axerail.coffeecup.com
Remy: If you are prepared to get rid of them if not suitable, an appropriate wanted sign at the front fence might get you what you want. A first build might be best from cast-offs so that a potential "lost interest" is less expensive.

If you can't find suitable wheels or not inclined to buy some the chances of getting front forks to work instead is negligible in all honesty ?
People have enough trouble jigging up the front arms for caster and rake using a recovered headset without great big front forks waving about , and down near the axle there is very little metal to weld to.

You would be better off building a delta.

You go through the plans and add up all the lengths you need for each part , everyone has to adjust for different leg lengths and also different size wheels and load area's etc , then I suggest you double it for cutting mistakes and changes of mind/bad welding etc.

You don't say where you are [ I suspect over the pond ] however some people also find difficulty sourcing the steel with 1.5mm - 1/16th etc wall sizes although some go thicker if they are on the weighty size.

Paul
"caster and rake using a recovered headset" I have no idea what that means aside from assuming it is what the traditional Warrior build front connections or arms and wheels look like.

"down near the axle there is very little metal to weld to"
I would not be welding near the axle if I'm keeping the front forks.

"better off building a Delta"
Thanks for the advice, I'm guessing it is much simpler, but compared to the Tadpole style I don't like it at all.
Also the problem of only attaching the wheels on one side still exists, you've just moved it to the back of the bike with that design, only it no longer has to handle steering.

Thanks for the tip for buying metal, I would have thought my local small hardware shop might have the metal, and if not them certainly Lowes should have it. I'm 220lbs or 15.71 stone, so hopefully I won't have to use heavier steel.
And yes, I am over the pond. :)

"caster and rake using a recovered headset" I have no idea what that means aside from assuming it is what the traditional Warrior build front connections or arms and wheels look like.
It is all in the plans ?

"down near the axle there is very little metal to weld to" I would not be welding near the axle if I'm keeping the front forks.
So you are attempting to keep the forks original headsets and build a trike around those ? then the Warrior is not the place to start.
Try looking at the Tri Cruiser and figure some way of getting it lower ?

"better off building a Delta"
Thanks for the advice, I'm guessing it is much simpler, but compared to the Tadpole style I don't like it at all.
Your choice

Also the problem of only attaching the wheels on one side still exists, you've just moved it to the back of the bike with that design, only it no longer has to handle steering.
Not really the forks become part of the rear frame [ some of which you have to build anyway ] and then you just need a jackshaft to get the chain to one or both of the rear wheels.

From here home build Delta

Thanks for the tip for buying metal, I would have thought my local small hardware shop might have the metal, and if not them certainly Lowes should have it. I'm 220lbs or 15.71 stone, so hopefully I won't have to use heavier steel.
I went to a local gate/fence manufacturer and they did not believe 1/16th wall existed and said it would be impossible to weld !
Ebay yes however you will pay the same for postage as the metal costs !

And yes, I am over the pond. :)
Harder for me to list suppliers etc.

If you built the StreetFox then you would only need to find 2 BMX wheels with 14mm axles as you can get away without Disc brakes , not a tall order.