Yeswelder brand welding machines?

Was thinking of getting one of these. I'd hit up YouTube and Reddit for user feedback, but it's too easy for promoters and influencers to put out biased feedback. Does anyone here have any experience with this brand's machines?

Got all those things. Bought them over the years
Thanks for the reply, but I was asking for feedback about that specific brand, their customer service, track record, product performance claims and longevity.

I can't say anything about YesWelder in itself.

I can only give my 2 cents.
My €500 "el cheapo Chinese" AC/DC Tig can things most they advertise. The only thing that isn't in there is the compressor.
And my supplier has a VERY good service.
That the Chinese factory pushes out the components and full build kits and sells them to anybody paying to repaint/rebadge those, is another story.

Yeah, know a guy who bought a yeswelder, said he is happy with it. I was going to buy one but only comes with 15amp plug. Obviously not this 7in1 model because i think it's a kickstarter preorder deal only at the moment. I don't buy kickstarter stuff and buying any "never done before" machines seems risky. The convenience of all in 1 is appealing but imagine you want to plasma cut, weld, then cut again.. how long and annoying is the conversion/change over?

Yeah, know a guy who bought a yeswelder, said he is happy with it. I was going to buy one but only comes with 15amp plug. Obviously not this 7in1 model because i think it's a kickstarter preorder deal only at the moment. I don't buy kickstarter stuff and buying any "never done before" machines seems risky. The convenience of all in 1 is appealing but imagine you want to plasma cut, weld, then cut again.. how long and annoying is the conversion/change over?

Honestly, the price was appealing as well as a "two birds, one stone" situation. I don't have a plasma cutter or a tig welder.

I can't say anything about YesWelder in itself.

I can only give my 2 cents.
My €500 "el cheapo Chinese" AC/DC Tig can things most they advertise. The only thing that isn't in there is the compressor.
And my supplier has a VERY good service.
That the Chinese factory pushes out the components and full build kits and sells them to anybody paying to repaint/rebadge those, is another story.

Appreciate the response. Got a link so I can check it out ?

I may be too late but if you go to mig-welding.co.uk you'll get plenty of useful advice from guys who know their machines.

John

I have one of yeswelders auto darken welding helmets. It works great and was priced decent, however in about a year the head strap part that tightens totally fell apart, at that point I bought a replacement made for a miller, it fit and was still cheaper than name brands.

If their welders are similar, you might want to search and price out some replacement parts and consumeables as well and see what other name brands are compatible.

That's really good advice. well worth checking that spares and bits are actually available for that machine- you will be needing them.

It's also a fair chance that the welder is available elsewhere with just a different name brand. Lots of sellers provide other manufacturers machines under their name and if that's the case it could also be that you'll find more information searching the alternative brand.

Again check in at mig-welding.com. There are lots of guys there who will likely have experience of the machine and be able to give you a rundown of it's pro's and con's.

John

I may be too late but if you go to mig-welding.co.uk you'll get plenty of useful advice from guys who know their machines.

John

Seems spot on. Thanks for the tip. I'll be popping over there to see what's up.

I have one of yeswelders auto darken welding helmets. It works great and was priced decent, however in about a year the head strap part that tightens totally fell apart, at that point I bought a replacement made for a miller, it fit and was still cheaper than name brands.

If their welders are similar, you might want to search and price out some replacement parts and consumeables as well and see what other name brands are compatible.
Appreciate the heads up about your experience as well as your point of view.

Beginning of the year I was looking into auto darkening welding Goggles. Was tempted to go with Yeswelder. They had a set going for around $70. Spent some time looking around and comparing prices. Decided to pick up Lincoln Electric's ArcSpecs instead.