Interesting cargo MBB/Python with a virtual front pivot instead of a BB. rod ends etc

Paul

Cargo Python

Sorry I can't directly add pictures from the German forum for some reason I get Contact System Admin etc

Looks to have a good lock however lot's moving parts and the eternal question how will it handle the loads.

Paul

Looks like a "suicide special" to me. It appears to have only 2 wheels, it will be interesting if the cargo "shifts" in transit or while cornering perhaps?

That looks very difficult to pedal with not just the angle changing on steering but the distance to the BB too.
Thought the same. On the plus side for a virtual pivot the lock does look fantastic, but with the pivot being so much further forward than a python...you would need some extra articulation in the legs that humans just don't have!
Am wondering if the end result is intended to be plywood or if it's just their method of prototyping the design?

Not sure where the ' difficult to pedal ' is coming from ?

I think the same things were also said about my Python ?

Yet it is easy to pedal it like this , obviously not full pedal rotation however enough to get it to turn almost in it's own length.

Paul

Not sure where the ' difficult to pedal ' is coming from ?

Was referring to using the fuller extent of the steering lock which the rider doesn't demonstrate in the video. I really like some aspects of the design, especially how compact it is.
I wonder if a conventional fork with twist chain fwd would work better. Combined with raising the seat height to suit it would open up more load space beneath the seat..wouldn't get the Oohs & Aahs of the virtual pivot setup though!

I really like some aspects of the design, especially how compact it is.
I wonder if a conventional fork with twist chain fwd would work better. Combined with raising the seat height to suit it would open up more load space beneath the seat
It is designed for the rear wheel to be bolted outside the frame so freeing up lot's of load space.
Twisting chain fwd would severally limit it's turning circle.
This guy is famous for his 'Sedan' series of fully suspended folding frame Python's , you can just see a cable in the pictures restraining the front end , it can pivot backwards till vertical.
However after 1000km he has broke the cable where it passes inside the frame.

Paul