Quad with a decent turning circle ?

Hi all

Came across this :-

On the face of it it appears to have a decent turning circle for a tadpole/quad ?

That is achieved by having the pedals behind the area the front wheels turn in.

However it comes at a price ? it has to have the pilot sat very high [ like above the 20" wheels ] to get it as short as it is , not good for going around said corners.

more thinking needed Paul

Hi all

Came across this :-

On the face of it it appears to have a decent turning circle for a tadpole/quad ?

That is achieved by having the pedals behind the area the front wheels turn in.

However it comes at a price ? it has to have the pilot sat very high [ like above the 20" wheels ] to get it as short as it is , not good for going around said corners.

more thinking needed Paul
Yes but it looks as if it has a lovely extinguisher pre-fitted to put out the flames when you crash and burn (he said helpfully). :)
But in all honesty, if you know you have a fairly high CofG would you not tend to moderate your speed in all turns?
Maybe it isn't as "risky" as it appears on the face of it. Our cars are capable of insane speeds but we don't corner at those speeds do we?

Last edited:
But in all honesty, if you know you have a fairly high CofG would you not tend to moderate your speed in all turns?
Maybe it isn't as "risky" as it appears on the face of it.
Briefly my tilter had a seat height of 18" IIRC and I dropped the frame to get it to 16" as I had an uncomfortable feeling I was sat ' on ' the trike and not ' in ' the trike.
it isn't always about turning ?
Any traversing of uneven surfaces causes some alarm so across a slope where no turning is involved at all ?
Also steep downhills are very unpleasant.
As is riding over bumps especially if they only hit only wheel or are prolonged.
The real world is seldom flat & level !
Paul

Briefly my tilter had a seat height of 18" IIRC and I dropped the frame to get it to 16" as I had an uncomfortable feeling I was sat ' on ' the trike and not ' in ' the trike.
it isn't always about turning ?
Any traversing of uneven surfaces causes some alarm so across a slope where no turning is involved at all ?
Also steep downhills are very unpleasant.
As is riding over bumps especially if they only hit only wheel or are prolonged.
The real world is seldom flat & level !
Paul
All true. However, both Noddy & Big-ears report no issues in their Quad pedal car.