12 YEARS of Zombiedom!

SirJoey

Super Moderator
Yep, it was 12 years ago today I joined Atomic Zombie, albeit in an earlier incarnation of the forum!
It's been quite a run for me, having completed around 25 various HPV projects, most of which are now gone.

Although forced (unfortunately) to retire from the hobby for the past 6 years due
to circumstances, I still dream of returning to it one day, if I ever have a place of
my own, the tools, & a place to work again. Never realized how much I'd miss it. 😢

Radical Brad

Garage Hacker!
Staff member
Yeah, this crazy train would not have been as fun without you onboard dude!
One day it would be great to connect. I dream of some future where I have more than 15 minutes of free time per day, and can even leave the yard!

Brad

SirJoey

Super Moderator
Yeah, this crazy train would not have been as fun without you onboard dude!
One day it would be great to connect.
Kind words indeed, bro, thanx! And yes, it would be great to meet some more fellow Zombies in person!
So far though, I've only had the pleasure of meeting 2 different ones in person, which are names from the
past that you may remember, "Scoot Daddy", & "Loco Larry". Both of them were super cool dudes, & it was a thrill!

During my 12 years here, I've seen a lot of people come & go. Some left by choice, some have passed away.
Some, however, have just been inactive for a few years, & then returned to the fold! (Like me!) :)

SirJoey

Now ain't that spooky I joined the day before you did.

regards Paul

Good to see you here again Sir J. Have often wondered what became of you and all the old gang.

I joined in July 2008 so we have both been here nearly as long as Stormbird and yourself.
They were great times. I drifted away for a while but have some new plans and hope to get started on a
new trike for the better half.
25 projects. You sure were busy. I think I only got to about a dozen. Not all AZ creations though.

John

SirJoey

Super Moderator
Ah, John Lewis! Now there's another long-timer I remember well from way back when!
Good to hear from you once again as well! Yeah, "Stormy", you & I all go back quite a ways here!
Not many of us left from quite that far back, sad to say.

Like you, not all of my HPVs were AZ creations, but most were, & most are pictured in my
gallery on here, in the order I built them. Nowadays I only have 5 left, all in storage.

graucho

Super Moderator
Sarona, Wisconsin / Apache Junction, Arizona
You have mad flipping skills that kept many of us entertained for a long long time. One of the best builders here. A little freaky with those google eyes though. You deserve a little break.

SirJoey

Super Moderator
Ah, ol' Graucho, yet another of our resident old-timers!
Thanx bro, but nobody builds 'em quite like YOU!
I still drool over your amazing choppers! (y)
Glad you're still with us on here! :)

SirJoey

Super Moderator
Thank you, Imamedik! Most generous & kind of you! Yes, I remember fondly the "magic bus".
It made for a good shop, & I would give anything for another place like that to work.
You remember
those days because you too are one of us long-time Zombie "elite", LOL.

It really is nice to see that there are still at least a few of us left on here,
even though most of us don't seem to be as active as we once were.

Thank you, Imamedik! Most generous & kind of you! Yes, I remember fondly the "magic bus".
It made for a good shop, & I would give anything for another place like that to work.
You remember
those days because you too are one of us long-time Zombie "elite", LOL.

It really is nice to see that there are still at least a few of us left on here,
even though most of us don't seem to be as active as we once were.

SirJoey

Super Moderator
PeterT!!! Wow, now there's another blast from the distant past!
How's life treatin' you these days, in the land down under? :)

PeterT!!! Wow, now there's another blast from the distant past!
How's life treatin' you these days, in the land down under? :)
Sir Joey, life has been pretty fair over the past few years.
My boy's are nearly all teenagers/adults now.
Haven't done much bike building for several years, but am about to restart working on the F-RQ.
One question - how do I reclaim the old archived posts on the Down Under Fast Recumbent Quadcycle F-RQ?
It's my only copy of my build blog, and I'll need it to rebuild F-RQ again

SirJoey

Super Moderator
One question - how do I reclaim the old archived posts on the Down Under Fast Recumbent Quadcycle F-RQ?
That's a question for Rad Brad.

Glad to hear you're doing well, & also that you're considering returning to the hobby!
Looking forward to seeing some new posts & pics from you! :)

Website
axerail.coffeecup.com
It's my only copy of my build blog, and I'll need it to rebuild F-RQ again
For what it is worth, I just did a Google on Down Under Fast Recumbent Quadcycle F-RQ and accessed the archives. There were 16 pages there. You could do the same and then try saving each page individually on you computer if you have no other way.