Warrior racing trike changed design

I was putting the final layer on today. Almost done with the main frame, but I need to do a few spots. Only I ran out of paint and the shop expect the paint next week.
So tomorrow I start painting the other parts.
I have black for that.

So sadly my frame isn't finished before the end of the week when the weather gets better again. 😔

The white looks good even with the terrible painting skills from me.

Worked on the steering today.
I added the grips on the handlebars. I was afraid that it would be hard to do, but it was way easier than I expected.

Tonight or tomorrow I start with sanding the frame smooth, so I can apply the final layer of paint. After that I have to paint 2 small rings and finish my seat. My sweet need to be sanded ad the edge, move one hole a bit and paint it.
Monday I start with the last layer of paint and I hope to build the bike Wednesday.

Going to order 2 new tires for my front wheels. I found the same as my rear one and than it looks better. Also it has reflectors on it.

Last edited:
I like the bar end shifters and have often thought about getting some for one of my projects. I always seem to default to trigger shifters though.

I went for it because of how I did my steering. I think that I will not use them on a next build. I am limited to 9speed in the rear.

I did the final layer of paint on the frame.
Now it must dry before I can build it.
I will probably start with that tomorrow.

I alse painted the seat. That isn't ready yet. I need to sand the edge and give it 1 more layer of paint. Than let it dry and ad the soft part. But for that, the paint must be hardened enough. That takes a bit longer, so it will probably be ready by Friday.

The paint isn't perfect, but I am happy with the result.
The steering part and cables are black, just like what comes on the seat.
I have 2 ortlieb bags in black and white that I put on it.

Friday or Saturday I hope to ride it finally and start with doing some rides. Building it up slowly till my condition is good enough again to make day trips.
We are allowed to ride our bike or walk around with the lockdown. So that is what i will do.
Also the weather is good.

I had today one negative thing and some positive things.
The negative thing is the seat. It seems that I need to sand it a bit more and need to do some parts over. It isn't terribly, but it takes extra time.

The positive thing is the rest of the build. It's going good and I am now adding the brake cables. As the cables are done, than I need to ad the seat and some lights ad the front.

Here are some images.

With the paint it looks so much better.
I am happy with the grips on the steering. It went way better than expected and looks also good.

Tomorrow I can put the seat on the Trike.
Added all the cables today and only need to adjust the brakes and shifters.

I shall post some images when ready

Almost ready. Only need to fine tune the gears and maybe the front brakes.
Also need to make a phone mount, but for now it works.
Now I need to find a good place to mount my gopro. I think I mount it higher or ad the front.

I think I will make some better photos tonight or tomorrow. 😊

Did a ride. Mot long because I found some small things I have to change. I need to make the chain a bit longer. I changed one thing that made that the chain has to be a bit longer and I forgot that to extend it. But that's not a big problem.
The gears needed some small adjustments and I turned on the wrong screws. So it was worse. But I solved that now.
Than the biggest problem. One of the brakes is hitting the disk and not on the pads. Not much, but just enough to hear it. I will dolce that tomorrow. Not much work.
Than I will also check the position of the front wheels. I just fixed them and didn't watch ad the to out, so I will do that tomorrow.

One of the wheels was loose, but I solved that. Will put dome locktite on it.

I filmed a short ride to see the camera position. I must change it, but for now it works. I see one wheel and my pedals, but it wasn't as bad as I expected.
Tomorrow I fix most problems. Chain comes later, because I am going to ad an e-assist in June. So I wait for that.

Now I must see where I mount my phone.

I will edit the next video and upload it to YouTube as it is ready. I will see if I can ride a nice short trip.

I expected these things except the chain length. I expected more problems, but they where no problem. I expected to I had to work on the front brakes. That one would brake harder than the other side, but that wasn't a problem.

I also need to work on my condition. That is terrible, but now I have a Trike that can help me with it. 😂😂

HI Emiel, that's a nice one you have build there. One question, where did you get the spherical ball bearings/ball joints for the steering control arms? Also, if you bought these through aliexpress, is it possible to share the details? I am also from the Netherlands, but building in France. Thanks!

There's loads of them on ebay. Rose joints / rod ends / Heim joints - same thing, different names, probably different again in French. There's also ball joints if you prefer. I'd recommend M8. M6 look a little weedy for the job and M10 are overkill. Karts use M8 at much higher speeds and forces than we can generate so they're plenty tough.

There's loads of them on ebay. Rose joints / rod ends / Heim joints - same thing, different names, probably different again in French. There's also ball joints if you prefer. I'd recommend M8. M6 look a little weedy for the job and M10 are overkill. Karts use M8 at much higher speeds and forces than we can generate so they're plenty tough.

Thanks a lot, that will help! I was eyeballing ali but didn't get any hunch I was looking at the right stuff.

Thank you.

Here the first video of the first ride.
It isn't long, but I will try to film a longer trip, next week.

Nice clip Emiel! Thanks for sharing. :D

HI Emiel, that's a nice one you have build there. One question, where did you get the spherical ball bearings/ball joints for the steering control arms? Also, if you bought these through aliexpress, is it possible to share the details? I am also from the Netherlands, but building in France. Thanks!
As you are in the Netherlands, than it's easier to get them from a Dutch webshop.
Here I got mine from.
https://www.internet-bikes.com/m/45197-m-wave-balhoofd-cartridge-staal-zwart-11-8-inch/

You need to check the diameters of the steering. They have different sizes.

The only thing I got from aliexpres, are the 20mm wheelhubs. For a country as the Netherlands, it is very easy to get parts and help with it. Most bike shops will have the parts or can order it.

As he orders from France, than that's easier yes.
Ebay and amazon aren't that great out here. And then the normal webshop are way better, but mainly as you live in the Netherlands or Belgium.