Warrior build UK

Yes, STL. Don't mid sharing if you want a copy. Just mirror it in Cura (Y axis) for the opposite jig.
Used it to shape the bottom ends of the arms, but now need a jig for the semi-tubular cut-out on the top.
Just to be sure.
Was going to mill them but used cutter grinder and filed them in the end.
Martin.
 
HI Martin, Yes, I would love to receive a copy of the stl file for the jig. Currently I am in the process of gathering materials for a warrior/streetfox hybrid mix. And with the experience of building my first warrior I now know that a jig would be helpful - or at least will save me from some headaches.
Best, Kiezel
 
HI Martin, Yes, I would love to receive a copy of the stl file for the jig. Currently I am in the process of gathering materials for a warrior/streetfox hybrid mix. And with the experience of building my first warrior I now know that a jig would be helpful - or at least will save me from some headaches.
Best, Kiezel
Ok, I actually printer 3 jigs, left hand and right hand versions. The biggest was printed on a Chiron which has a bed size of 450mm square, 2 others were done on a Anet 8, 220mmsq bed.
I'll post pictures tomorrow.
Do you have an email I could post to? Or is there another method to receive the stl files.

If they are not quite right for you, angle or size wise, let me know and I could adjust them.

Martin.
 
Well, latest report.
Nearly completed the welding.
It's been a trip, being a newbie to TIG welding.
Done some daft things and some rubbish welds.
But I feel I've made a vast improvement with welding.
It's all been interesting. Got to keep on with the bit between my choppers.
So here is Star Ship Enterprise.
IJL9898.jpg

Martin.
 
Well, latest report.
Nearly completed the welding.
It's been a trip, being a newbie to TIG welding.
Done some daft things and some rubbish welds.
But I feel I've made a vast improvement with welding.
It's all been interesting. Got to keep on with the bit between my choppers.
So here is Star Ship Enterprise.
IJL9898.jpg

Martin.
Looking good there Martin!
Is that an R-Tech TIG?
 
You may want to consider triangulating the rear. It's a known weak area. Perfect welds will be fine on their own but less than perfect can fail in that highly stressed area just ahead of the rear wheel.
 
Thanks Popshot, I'll do that after fetching more Argon. May just have enough gas to cap the openings off.
Still to do the front boom, derailleur tube, steering and control arms. A seat may be handy too.
 
Martin

Looks most odd when mounted like that , an angle hopefully you won't see when you are riding it !
See we have a hub on one side progress indeed.

You can do a lot of the welding when the gauge says empty ! they are mine are not very accurate ;)

Paul
 
Here it is with wheels on, try fit only.
I was checking out for alignment and dimensional. It's darn close to expectations.
Corrected a pulled over rear dropout, 2° out,, corrected. Thought the rear forks had pulled in, but they hadn't.
IJL9900.jpg


Martin.
 
Haha!, yes Popshot well spotted. Just about to add that section on now.

Anyone know where to get 12x26x8 bearings from? Also called 12268 (-2rs) , just about to order from Alibongo £7.58 2pcs, doesn't seem bad.
 
Martin

Looking good , amazing though how a small easy managed frame [ when welding ] becomes a monster of huge proportions when you add some wheels !
4 wheels nuts and you go from 1 person handling to really needing 2 !
Wait till you get some hardware on it then it's weight balloons as well as it's size :whistle:

Paul
 
Latest:
Front end on.
BB made up. Just needs assembling with bearings and crank.
Loong chain arrived from Ice trikes.
Making up the USS.

I've cut a section of tube off, did bother to measure, eyeballed as I didn't know if 1.75" was the tube length or the OAL with bearing cups, whatever!
Don't bother telling me now, I'm past it.
But I machined the weld off and faced the tube end up in a lathe. I noticed a piece of standard dia, 30mm (so could be 29.98mm) was a snug fit inside the tube.
So I used it as a mandrel, but it only went on so far, 8mm, brg cup sleeve depth.
Using the tailstock with a bung everything machined up nicely.
Tried fitting the brg cup it was a no go fit, thought it'll be out of round as that area was heavily welded (probably raleigh factory, Notts).
Made severely light cuts until I had a tight push fit.
The thing was really out of round (weld distortion) and had a EWR tube miss match, standard for ERW.
I do know quite a lot about tubes in manufacture, bread and butter to my old firm.
Just wonder how others manage to cope with situations like this.
I can see people with 10lb hammers pounding away to get the thing to fit.
Anyway everything ended up nicely for me and all I need do is clean the paint off and weld the tube.
USS-tube.jpg


ERW-missmatch.jpg
sculpture.jpg


More to follow.
Martin.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top