2wd drive on a delta trike using a 2 free wheel system

Nice drawing

It looks as though you are trying to turn the left hand free wheel around , surely that will try to unscrew ?

Others clever than me will be along shortly ....

I believe the Sinner trike used that idea to achieve 2wd.

My effort is not finished as I am moving away from that idea as I want to try suspension so the free wheels will end up at the ends of a lay-shaft [ that is also the suspension pivot ] instead grouped together as a single component.

DannyC has yet to share any plans for using his.

Paul

No current plans really, too many trikes and not enough riding happening.
IF it gets used it will be in a Delta of course. Something Hase-like. :)

Nice drawing

It looks as though you are trying to turn the left hand free wheel around , surely that will try to unscrew ?

Others clever than me will be along shortly ....

I believe the Sinner trike used that idea to achieve 2wd.

My effort is not finished as I am moving away from that idea as I want to try suspension so the free wheels will end up at the ends of a lay-shaft [ that is also the suspension pivot ] instead grouped together as a single component.

Paul
Hiya Paul & thank you. Sorry I didn't explain the freewheels clearly enough. They would be fitted to each adaptor the opposite way round than they would be to a regular bike as they are transmitting the drive from the hub of the freewheel to the sprocket - rather than from the sprocket to the freewheel hub. That's why they would need a different adaptor for each side - the arrow shows the direction they screw on - like on a regular bike, when being driven they would always be screwing themselves onto the adaptor they are mounted to.
I have had a quick google for Sinners trike and cannot see how theirs worked although the hubs don't look to rotate free from the axle - maybe it is a single sided diff like what the 2wd Kett uses?

Unless I misread that it's the same as the Rhoades car. I copied it for the Church Pod build detailed on here.
Oh wow brilliant! I hadn't heard of the Rhoades car but yes the axle you have built is basically the same idea. I love that body shell too! So does the axle work well in practice?

It's not finished yet so no road test. It works perfectly well up on axle stands. I don't expect any issue as it's a well proven system.

You can also use freewheel adapters. They don't heave left threads, but you can solve it, by using fixed gear sprockets. They come with a locking ring.