A bit of a break from any further/new building.

It has to be said that me building anything "new" is really a waste of my time, money and energy.

I am not currently getting the fun and enjoyment out of the 2 trikes I currently have (the taddy and the python) so there is no point at all in making any new machines for riding.

"Something is rotten in the state of Denmark" (to quote from Hamlet).

The fault lies not with these two fine machines, but with ME.

I have been struggling physically for some time with leg weakness and some knee-pain; and while e-assist is a good "crutch" to lean on, it sticks in my gullet and I would rather be without if I can do so at all. :(

So I have embarked upon a bit of a "fix-me" project instead of metal-bashing and trike building. This does not include surgery or anything drastic of that nature, just a dose of physical strengthening and flexibility stuff.

Initial "me" testing indicates that I am far from where I would really wish to be physically, and therefore I will be focusing most of my attention and time on this aspect of my life for a while and not building things.

A wonderful side-effect of having had to e-assist my Tadpole is that I can choose when/how-much to use it and to challenge myself to not use it as much as I feel I can. :)

As our wonderful 2022 heatwave comes to an end I hope to mix some cycling with the physiotherapy I am undertaking and I hope to be able to report good progress.

I will be dropping in to comment on all of your wonderful projects of course; but I need to fix me as a priority so that I can enjoy trike/cycling as I should; without batteries, motors or chargers and paraphernalia of that ilk (which is how it really should be).

TBH... I don't know how this will turn out at all, but I am determined to reverse as much of the downward trend in my abilities as I can and get back to a level of fitness/performance that I will not feel or be ashamed of.

My initial efforts have given me some degree of encouragement, and so I will press on and see just how far I can push things.

Catch you all soon. :D

Dan

Go to it , it will be a long road however the downward slope you are currently on can't end well ?

Despite your view of my current state I am approx 1 st [ 6.5 kg ] heavier than I would like to be.

So I am going to investigate 5/10 day fasting ? why ?

Well when I had my urine infection I hardly ate [ about 400 kcal a day ! ] lost 2.5 kg over 7 days and oddly felt better at the end.

Hoping to loose some weight and lower my BP etc etc

Seems there are lots of books listing the benefits so I will do some reading and give it a go.

Paul

Dan

Go to it , it will be a long road however the downward slope you are currently on can't end well ?

Despite your view of my current state I am approx 1 st [ 6.5 kg ] heavier than I would like to be.

So I am going to investigate 5/10 day fasting ? why ?

Well when I had my urine infection I hardly ate [ about 400 kcal a day ! ] lost 2.5 kg over 7 days and oddly felt better at the end.

Hoping to loose some weight and lower my BP etc etc

Seems there are lots of books listing the benefits so I will do some reading and give it a go.

Paul
Paul,

Fasting is well known for having many beneficial effects, I wish you well with it and look forward to hearing how much weight you manage to lose while feeling great! :)

I wish I was only 1St overweight. I am 3St at least. If I contrast what I weigh now to what I weighed as a 25 years old, then I am nearly 5 stone overweight.

I am mainly concentrating on the bits that I know are not "up to snuff" for what I want to be able to do.
So that means the Glutes, the quads and the hamstrings are all getting a bit of a drubbing with some exercises targeted at each of them.

The upper body strength is pretty-much OK already, although a few press-ups wouldn't hurt at all, so maybe I will throw some upper body stuff in the mix too.

I know and have met lots of people my age and older who are in fantastic physical shape so I hope to be able to make a reasonable amount of improvement. :)

Only time will tell.

The heat wave definitely takes away ones gumption. Perhaps you will revitalize when fall temps return. It has been particularly hard on Brits this summer who are unaccustomed to heat waves and don't have the infrastructure of AC like in the US.

Hang tough Danny.

Paul,

Fasting is well known for having many beneficial effects, I wish you well with it and look forward to hearing how much weight you manage to lose while feeling great! :)
Well today @ 9:30 I finish a 39.5 hour fast.

Was it hard , not really , did I feel hungry yes however it comes in waves just get a drink and leave the kitchen till it passes.

Obviously 1 fast does not achieve much , however i am looking for my next opportunity to miss some meals without affecting my family/social life.

Today I will have my normal breakfast out and probably have lunch out with SWMBO then I can fast again till Friday night when we may have a bought in pizza , that should blow the diet/fasting out of the water however they are only once a month so I need to work around them.

need to get a substitute for the much touted Bone broth tea and coffee was getting boring !

Paul