any ideas how this suspension works ?

Hi all

Can't see how this works at all ?

can see 2 shockers and what may be a panard rod ?

other than that I am baffled ?

It is very narrow , look at his arms and the width of the front wheels !

whole thing here

It pivots at the front near the bottom bracket. This pivot is held to the chassis at the top. The entire front axle then pivots from near the bottom bracket as a live rear car axle would. The boom acts as a single trailing arm. The front pivot seems particularly poorly supported.
I like the Velayo like rear steering. It's moving the steering to the rear that makes it possible to be so narrow.

It pivots at the front near the bottom bracket. This pivot is held to the chassis at the top. The entire front axle then pivots from near the bottom bracket as a live rear car axle would. The boom acts as a single trailing arm. The front pivot seems particularly poorly supported.
Not looked that far away for the pivot !, I was looking for something mounted on the floor DOH
I assume you are talking about the large rod end bearing that can be seen in the 2nd picture.

I like the Velayo like rear steering. It's moving the steering to the rear that makes it possible to be so narrow.
Yes I am going to say something really stupid about rear steering , I am wondering if it would help a tadpole trike get through my street furniture obstructions ?

He has reported steering problems ?

Rear wheel controlled velomobiles are sensitive to instability when driving straight ahead. You cannot let go of the handlebars because the bicycle immediately sends a side under the influence of, for example, a slight slope.

Also reports ...

The bike now drives straight, but the steered wheel still responds fairly immediately to unevenness and holes in the road. The solution is a steering damper. They come in many variants and even a gas spring can be the solution.

Someone in the comments said:-

If you tilt all the hinges a few degrees, you will also get straightforward stabilization, which is a much nicer solution.

regards Paul

Yes the rod end is the pivot. There's a video of the Velayo with the same rear steer set-up here - it looks fairly manoeuvrable.

I'm sure it is a fine machine but not at all for me. If he makes it a bit longer they could bury him in it after the accident. ;)