back to work on my wife's Urban vehicle

I looked for my thread on this project but ?
Yesterday I finished up extending the front head tube about 8 inches forward of original p[position, eliminated the funky steering linkage I had on this creature.
I then progressed to remounting the front wheel and improving how the wheel retainers are secured.
Originally the wheel retainers use hose clamps so I fabed some mounting tabs that need to be cleaned up after I remove the wheel and finish welding.
Now I need a method to raise the handle bars.

It is a hub motor. Magic Pie
it is only 1000 watts or less depending on voltage and it has reverse.
purchased from golden motors in canada

I agree with you Brad. am contemplating starting over and maybe building my own front forks using 1 inch box tubing..
My big issue is the steering tube size to fit the bearing cups plus the goose neck size vers the steering tube size.

Radical Brad

Garage Hacker!
Staff member
How about going triple tree?
Can't go wrong with that, and it will reduce stress at the crown as the drive motor pulls your vehicle.
1.5 inch square tube would work well if you can't find decent round tube.

Brad

I agree with you Brad. am contemplating starting over and maybe building my own front forks using 1 inch box tubing..
My big issue is the steering tube size to fit the bearing cups plus the goose neck size vers the steering tube size.

My issue is I need correct bearing race and cups for the bearings. All I have is two different forks and head tube. No cups or bearing race to press onto the forks. Have two different size forks with different size steering tube diam.
I like brads idea but still issue with the bearing races etc.
Going to a bicycle shop tomorrow to see what I can come up with.
Lots of options.

can't weld aluminium so no issue.
Looking at the pics of a triple tree and considering but it might ? interfere with the front body mount.
Thinking that the sheet metal is 12g? and the offset is for trail instead of bending the end of the forks.
Have 1 x 72 inch stick of box that I might use.

after LOTS of cutting n grinding I cobbled the front end redo.
head tube is at 70 degrees, not the 58 degrees I orginally had. Moved the head tube forward about 8 inches. Need a longer brake line and build a new seat mount.
The 1 1/2 box in photo is for trail = 2" aprox.

the forks are redone with mounting bracket for wheel retainers and disc brake mount.
Today working on seat install and tiller steering. Not sure if seat/handle bars will work (comfort);
Issue with tiller is banging the sides of doors turning a corner.
Will post more pics today