Camper for my trike build.

I got today my wood and a round 25mm aluminum profile. The aluminium round 22 fits perfectly in it, so it is great for the legs.

Tonight I will measure the wood, mark it where to cut and then I can cut them shen I have time. I will gleu the long parts guest togheter.

Only need isolation foil straps to fix the coraplast and some filt for on the floor. But I start with the wooden frame, so that can wait.

I got my solar panels today for on the camper.
Now I need to gleu the wood, so it us thicker.
After that I can cut it.
I wanted to cut it first, but glueing it first is easier.

Last edited:
Yesterday tested the solar panels with the mppt charge booster and that works great. 1,3amp with one and 3,7amp with 2 solar panels.
I will probably order more, that I store under the camper. This way I can charge more and faster as I stay somewhere and I will not need an power outlet that much.

Almost glued all wood. I cut a few pieces and I will try to make the outer part of the frame ready today.
I hope that I can do the inner part this weekend and that I can put it all together next week.
But I need to borrow some tools before I can do that.
Hopefully, I will have the bottom part ready by the end of next week.

As I decided to keep Paul Elkins dimensions, I started to put his design in inches in 3d.
I found out, that as I take over his design in wood, it will not fit. So I made some miner tweaks.
I am constantly changing all dimensions to the metric system. So much easier and better.
It takes dome time and i check everything double, but it makes that I find the small mistakes in the design and can solve them, before I build it.

This Saturday the tempura is a bit lower, so I will probably also work a bit more on it.

More power to you Emiel. Making good progress.
I will soon post some images.
I did some more work today and tomorrow I hope to cut the front part.
As that is done, I can start to put the outer part of the bottom part togheter.
The inner part will follow soon, but i need to check how thick the wheel mounting plates will be and how width the mij Ying gor the wheels is. As I am right, it is 90mm, but I need to check that.

Wood cuts good, and with my angle grinder, I can sand it all very fast.
It goes faster than building with steel as you do it without machines.

Not put together yet, but I have now the outer part, complete. Probably will I need to cut one new top part. It is a few mm shorter than the others.

Today I will probably do some tests with epoxy, so I can put the top part togheter tomorrow.
Rest will follow soon. First I need the parts for the wheels to mount to.

Where I was ahead in my work, I now lost a bit of that.
Sunday and today where very hot. Today I hot my first vaccination and I went on my trike.
Riding went great and even with the high temperature it was no problem on my trike. So I decided to do an other short trip today instead of working on my camper.

I am still ahead of my planing and I have still a lot of time left.
So I will probably go further tomorrow, but I jyst do a few things. Probably cut a new piece for in the front and look for some parts that I can use to mount the wheels.
Next week, I will pick up the isolation and the bottom part, needs to be finished by then.

Have a nice aluminium pipe to connect it to my bike. Light and strong.
Need also mod the mount to the bike. There is a lot of play, so I will solve that with some 3D prints.

This week, the last parts for my solar panels will arrive. Then I can charge my bike batteries and as I get a 12v battery, also charge that.

Ordered some electric parts, like 12v regulator, USB for in the camper, led strips and rear light led strips that also blink. Reflectors and some cables.

Today I worked on the front.
Front part is now fixed with epoxy and drying. Had to move it inside because it started to rain.
First time working with epoxy and it went well.
Next time a bit more filler to make it more solid, but it was working.

Wanted to ad the rest also, but the rain made that I had to put it inside.
But I will go further this week.

I never expected to use epoxy to glue wood.
It works good and you can close all holes and gabs and that goes way better than normal wood gleu.

Tomorrow further on my trike, so it can dry good.
It depends on the weather, when I can do the next step.

I got wheel mounts. I needed it, so I could measure the width I needed for the inner part of the frame.
It depends on the weather when I can go further with the camper.

My other parts for inside the camper are on their way. I expect them in the comming 2 weeks. Usb connectors, DC to DC regulator. Led strips for inside, reflectors, reflector tape, lights for outside, wire and some connectors.

The rain delayed some things a bit, but I am still on schedule to get my build finished way before the end of July.

I worked on the camper again. Got some more parts for it and worked on the bottom frame.
I mounted the rest of the frame togheter. Tomorrow I will fix it with epoxy and mount it yo the ark I already made.
As it is dry, I can start with putting in the leg mounts. I think that, that will be ready by Sunday.

This is all mounted togheter. I will fix it with epoxy tomorrow and cutout the top part and mount it all togheter.

Then it looks a bit like this. One more part in the top for extra strength.
The wheels come close to the middle. Those spacers sit on each side of the wheels.

I Hoe to finish it, this Monday with the plates on top. I make the wheel mounts, but I will not mount them yet. I start with the top. Thus is easier to mount as the bottom lays flat on the ground.

The top part is mainly cutting and mou ting it togheter with tie wraps and tape.

Building this camper how's way faster than a trike. I didn't work much on it yet.
I have time enough. It need to be finished before August and that will be no problem. I can finish it next week if I want.

Front is cutout and mounted to the rest.
Now I need to wait till the epoxy is dry.
I checked all dimensions and now everything fits very good.
Tomorrow I can go further.

It us that I need to fix the wheels and need some parts, else the camper would be ready by the end of the coming week.

Tomorrow I will go further, but I will slow down a bit.
I want to look what I do on the inside of the camper and as I want to make a surten change, than I need to make also some preparations for it to the bottom. But I will look ad that tomorrow.

Wheels are mounted on the frame and I have placed the tubes for the legs.
Tomorrow I only need to mount 3 braces and then as it is dry, I can sand it all and paint the frame.

Next step will be getting the tubing for the arm and the legs and start with the coraplast.

Tomorrow I will also cut the battery mount for my trike.

Now it hoed fast.

Today it rained a lot, so for the last part before I can sand and paint, I moved inside and fixed the last parts inside my kitchen.

I made one small mistake with the epoxy. On one plate it used not enough of the second component, so the epoxy takes long to get hard.
But the aluminium pipes are well fixed.

The comming days, the weather gets better, so I will be able to work more outside, what makes that I can start with the top part.
I need space for that, because the plates are to big for working inside.

I will start tomorrow with that.
I hope that the factory can get my steel next week. They don't have it in stock, so I hoe they will be able to get it fast. Want yo make the arm next week.

The arm is welded and only the connector to the bike needs to be added and the the metal needs to be painted.

Tomorrow I hope to mount the floor and the roof. That will take the most time of all things that still needs to be done.
I need to drill the holes in the legs, finish the arm, put on the solar panels and connect the power inside and punt in the lights in and outside.
But all those things will be fine before the end of the week.

Next week I go on my Germany trip.
My trike is almost ready. Only need to swap the rear wheel and derailleur, connect the lights and bold in the battery mount.

For the trip, I have 2 batteries. A 17,5ah and a 29,1ah. I will connect the solar panels to the biggest battery.
As my calculations are right, I will be able to ride the complete trip, without an extra charge on my biggest battery.

I added the roof today and the floor.
Sadly thanks to the rain, I couldn't finish what I wanted.
But tomorrow the door and boxes and the legs and solar panels and then I only need to do the lights.

Floor and wheel covers. One cover has 4 USB connections.

The front part mounted.

The rear roof part added. Had to stop because of the rain. Tomorrow that part goes off, then the rear get a z fold and it will be placed back. After that I mount the door.

The arm is sprained with primer. Tomorrow it gets its final paint and I will bold it togheter.

Even without making it water proof, it stayed dry inside. Just a few drops and most came trough the WI d trough the back where I don't have the door. When I turned it arou d, that also frayed dry.
So very happy.

As it rains tomorrow, I will move it down and work under the roof. I want yo have it ready by Friday, but the earlier, the better.

Door is ready.
Waterproof now and on one side I can already mount the solar panel. Tomorrow I need to ad 3 mounting points and then is the other side also ready. Top part is already done but I had to wait till it is dry.
Painted the arm now the first layer was dry. Tomorrow the other side and then us that ready.

Tomorrow I only need to put in some isolation, mount the top boxes and connect the lights.
So it us in time finished. I have even a few days left that I will use for making extra storage boxes and finish my trike. Need to do the lights on my trike and the cable for the lights on my camper.

Monday I leave, so it will be ready in time. 😊

Emiel

So Germany ?

going somewhere in particular ?

Cycling from your home ?

How far ?

Paul

Door is ready.
Waterproof now and on one side I can already mount the solar panel. Tomorrow I need to ad 3 mounting points and then is the other side also ready. Top part is already done but I had to wait till it is dry.
Painted the arm now the first layer was dry. Tomorrow the other side and then us that ready.

Tomorrow I only need to put in some isolation, mount the top boxes and connect the lights.
So it us in time finished. I have even a few days left that I will use for making extra storage boxes and finish my trike. Need to do the lights on my trike and the cable for the lights on my camper.

Monday I leave, so it will be ready in time. 😊
Congratulations on getting it all done in time. Enjoy your trip. :)