Camper for my trike build.

As the camper brakes down, i can ask a farmer if i can place it with him and travel to a train station with my trike. That way i would be fast home, to pickup the car and trailer and go get my camper.
When I last looked you cannot take a trike on a NL train [ or I think in Germany ] unless registered disabled ?

I want to travel further and see more by using the trains , say train from The Hague to Lubeck go to the sea then ride back to the NL-UK ferry hence me building a 2 wheeler and reducing size/weight of camping gear.

Paul

When I last looked you cannot take a trike on a NL train [ or I think in Germany ] unless registered disabled ?

I want to travel further and see more by using the trains , say train from The Hague to Lubeck go to the sea then ride back to the NL-UK ferry hence me building a 2 wheeler and reducing size/weight of camping gear.

Paul
You are right, no trikes on the NL trains unless registered disabled, and there must be space available in the designated trainwagon. Also, if you want to travel with your bike (two-wheeler) by train you must also pre-register. There is no guarantee that you can take the train you want, because registering is just that - it is not a reservation for space. So, if the train-bicycle-space is occupied with other bicycles you have to make another registration for the next train.

Also, if you want to travel with your bike (two-wheeler) by train you must also pre-register. There is no guarantee that you can take the train you want, because registering is just that - it is not a reservation for space.
Is that a new requirement ?

Paul

You always need to buy a ticked for the bike and put it in the bike area. Only foldable bikes are free. As you have a foldable, it is easier to take it with you on a train.
The only problem is, is in areas where there are only the small trains. There you can't often take a bike with you. Then you need to store the bike on a train station.

Wow impressive german rescue services. This is all very inspiring... but i think riding in germany is probably still 100x better than my country, and ride a bike to another country...lucky you, so cool.

Wow impressive german rescue services. This is all very inspiring... but i think riding in germany is probably still 100x better than my country, and ride a bike to another country...lucky you, so cool.
They are great. They all want yo help. One offered that as I still had problems in the weekend, to bring me even home with my trike and camper for free.
Wonderful people.

As soon as I leave the Netherlands, the roads and infrastructure isn't that great compared for what I am used to have. 😂😂

Of course you can always get trikes on a train with a bit of ingenuity ?

2 x Ketts and 2 x trailers in the vestibule of one of those double level carriages all was well as long as we did not block the drivers exit door on the right.

The sign on the wall to the left says's they will endeavour to carry normal bike's !

Paul

Of course you can always get trikes on a train with a bit of ingenuity ?

2 x Ketts and 2 x trailers in the vestibule of one of those double level carriages all was well as long as we did not block the drivers exit door on the right.

The sign on the wall to the left says's they will endeavour to carry normal bike's !

Paul
lol, I bet you had to hug the train conductor - or you should have done that. Very kind of him/her to let you place your bikes that way (y)

lol, I bet you had to hug the train conductor - or you should have done that. Very kind of him/her to let you place your bikes that way (y)
Sorry don't want to hijack Emiels thread nor condone dodgy practices , it is a long story but basically we crept onto the front of the train unnoticed and no one had the front to ask us to leave !

Paul

Website
axerail.coffeecup.com
It is good that there are now smart phones. That helps a lot.
Yes, but only if you know a number to call. Smart phones are one to one, radio is one to many. In any case, you can't use what you don't have.

Website
axerail.coffeecup.com
In regional Victoria, Australia, bikes on board is at the discretion of the Conductor (who checks the tickets) so you don't know if you are getting on or not until your train arrives and you can check. I told a local state Government representative that it is simply not good enough and the time is coming when they will have to do more for bikes.

Yes, but only if you know a number to call. Smart phones are one to one, radio is one to many. In any case, you can't use what you don't have.
Maybe there, but here nobody will listen, because nobody has one any more.
Here a smartphone is the best solution. Not only to contact people, also to find stores for things you need.

Website
axerail.coffeecup.com
Maybe there, but here nobody will listen, because nobody has one any more.
Here a smartphone is the best solution. Not only to contact people, also to find stores for things you need.
When everything has gone to !@&*, smart phones don't stand a chance.

It does happen. Ask those in severe bushfire, tornado, etc., areas. No power, no smart phone service for weeks.
Life is rather boring over here in the respect of natural disasters. Brushfires. Yes, if you call a few hectares of shrubbery up in flames a severe brushfire. Tornado's.
Once in a blue moon and then it's a few roofs destroyed.
Floods are tad more common, and we had recently a bad one -but that was human incompetence compounded/enhanced-