Disc Brakes on StreetFighter

Hahaha no that so many people started to hate China, that it made that many people just rebranded there China stuff to made in the USA to keep their shop running.
It's nothing against China specifically (except for their human rights problems); it's any foreign country. I don't want a Chevy built in Mexico; I want a Chevy built in one of the 50 States (and if they are built in Mexico, be transparent about it). The same thing with my quadcycle. If I was buying a Honda, I don't care if it was built in Japan or Canada because it's a Japanese product. This is just one example.

I'll peep it out and go from there. Thanks

Note: I'm not understanding this because isn't the 'freewheel system' that was mentioned (and was drawn up) the same thing essentially? Freewheels on the axles, so no need for that cage thing as the pillow block bearings should be fine...?

Also, this doesn't solve my issue because I don't have access to one of these diffs (building one is out of the question as previously stated) with the exception of UtahTrikes, but A) I'm not paying 1700 for the rear end alone and B) they have terrible customer service.

If I'm going to throw a bunch of money into this, I might as well scrap the whole StreetFighter idea and just build my own quadcycle from the floor up, so I can have full suspension, etc, but I don't want to wait a whole year to be able to enjoy it.

Last edited:
It's nothing against China specifically (except for their human rights problems); it's any foreign country. I don't want a Chevy built in Mexico; I want a Chevy built in one of the 50 States (and if they are built in Mexico, be transparent about it). The same thing with my quadcycle. If I was buying a Honda, I don't care if it was built in Japan or Canada because it's a Japanese product. This is just one example.
Chevy gets already parts from China and other countries, because production costs in the USA are to high and the cars would be to expensive.
Apple produces everything in China where they first did it in the USA.

Chevy gets already parts from China and other countries, because production costs in the USA are to high and the cars would be to expensive.
Apple produces everything in China where they first did it in the USA.
In that case, it has nothing to do with Trump as NAFTA was signed by Clinton in the 90's plus the Federal Reserve System printing worthless paper over the last 118 years causing inflation. It's not a political issue; it's an economic issue that affects every country (or in the United States' case, a Union of countries) with a Central Bank. Physical gold and silver keep things in check as long as there's no government interference (regardless of the type of government).

Here's where my brain is:

4 front hubs should work if I'm using the freewheel diff system because the freewheels are on the axles; not on the wheels themselves, right? The cassette/multi gear freewheel (all this damn terminology is confusing) powers the axles it's connected to, which rotates the freewheels on the axles with the wheels. I just need a way to connect the rear hubs to the axles using the existing StreetFighter rear end and keeping the rear brakes on the inner side of the wheels like a car. This way I have the brake rotor flange on the hub directly.

I'm trying to make this thing fun without overcomplicating it. Attempting to change course from my idea or leaving it as is will bore the crap out of myself and will just leave me angered and that's something I don't want/need to happen. At least with my modifications, I can enjoy it during the summer and come the colder months, I'll be more motivated to learn the skill of welding. Then I can get a laptop and learn CAD so I can make my own parts from scratch and focus on making StreetFighter MK2 a better machine than MK1.

I also have a velo mobile idea, but again, I need this first StreetFighter for the motivation. Smiles and dorifto equals motivation.

Motivation means something very creative, dope and right up my alley. I've had a few ideas circulate in my mind that I would like to implement.

Last edited:
In that case, it has nothing to do with Trump as NAFTA was signed by Clinton in the 90's plus the Federal Reserve System printing worthless paper over the last 118 years causing inflation. It's not a political issue; it's an economic issue that affects every country (or in the United States' case, a Union of countries) with a Central Bank. Physical gold and silver keep things in check as long as there's no government interference (regardless of the type of government).
No the people not wanting to buy things that are made in China, comes for a big part from Trump. The USA was already fan from buying USA products, but with trump, it got extreme.

I don't see the problem that companies move their production to other countries. It helps those countries and kerp products affordable.

Here's where my brain is:

4 front hubs should work if I'm using the freewheel diff system because the freewheels are on the axles; not on the wheels themselves, right? The cassette/multi gear freewheel (all this damn terminology is confusing) powers the axles it's connected to, which rotates the freewheels on the axles with the wheels. I just need a way to connect the rear hubs to the axles using the existing StreetFighter rear end and keeping the rear brakes on the inner side of the wheels like a car. This way I have the brake rotor flange on the hub directly.

I'm trying to make this thing fun without overcomplicating it. Attempting to change course from my idea or leaving it as is will bore the crap out of myself and will just leave me angered and that's something I don't want/need to happen. At least with my modifications, I can enjoy it during the summer and come the colder months, I'll be more motivated to learn the skill of welding. Then I can get a laptop and learn CAD so I can make my own parts from scratch and focus on making StreetFighter MK2 a better machine than MK1.

I also have a velo mobile idea, but again, I need this first StreetFighter for the motivation. Smiles and dorifto equals motivation.

Motivation means something very creative, dope and right up my alley. I've had a few ideas circulate in my mind that I would like to implement.
Yes 4 front hubs.
In the rear, you need to make them, so they spin with the axle. In the front it isn't needed and you can just slide them over an axle.

Then 2 freewheel.
1 rear hub with disk brake mount, bold on.
Then 2 gears from the same size. There are gears that are made to bold on a disk brake mount.

2 axles with on 1 side the same thread as on the freewheel. You will need one ring with thread inside to put it on. This because one will turn loose as put force on it and one will tighten him self.
You can also drill a hole in the Acle an put a pin through. This way, it can't come off.

Then on the other side of the axle, I would put a ring that you can mount to the disk brake mount. This way the wheel is fixed to the axle.

No the people not wanting to buy things that are made in China, comes for a big part from Trump. The USA was already fan from buying USA products, but with trump, it got extreme.

I don't see the problem that companies move their production to other countries. It helps those countries and kerp products affordable.
Mainstream media lies, pretty much as of the last 20+ years and continues to do so in 2021 on various topics. All I'm going to say on this is I've seen the clips of the press after a conference and they were sh** shows. The mainstream media used to have integrity. For example, the 1976 flu pandemic; the vaccine caused injuries to several people and a station interviewed one victim and her husband as well as the Director of the CDC, I believe, and it was very transparent. The interview was in 1977, I'll link it if I can find it again on YouTube.

This is all I have to say about anything of the sort as I'll leave any non-political, economic/news media topics to another thread if that conversation were to pop up on the forum. I just want to get this quadcycle project built so I can enjoy it sooner than later 🙂

Yes 4 front hubs.
In the rear, you need to make them, so they spin with the axle. In the front it isn't needed and you can just slide them over an axle.

Then 2 freewheel.
1 rear hub with disk brake mount, bold on.
Then 2 gears from the same size. There are gears that are made to bold on a disk brake mount.

2 axles with on 1 side the same thread as on the freewheel. You will need one ring with thread inside to put it on. This because one will turn loose as put force on it and one will tighten him self.
You can also drill a hole in the Acle an put a pin through. This way, it can't come off.

Then on the other side of the axle, I would put a ring that you can mount to the disk brake mount. This way the wheel is fixed to the axle.
I was thinking a bolt or pin to keep the axle attached to the hub, but wasn't 100% sure. The other thing is the axle that shares the cassette and freewheels is one solid axle or no?

Both rear wheels will have brakes. 4 wheel disc brakes 🙂😉

Also, what do you mean by ring with thread inside and is that something I can get at a home improvement store?

I wouldn't use a pin trough the hub, to keep it on the axle. That will get play in time. As you put a ring with holes on the axle, than you can use the disk brake mount, to mount it and even put a disk got the disk brake in between.

It depends on how you make it.
As you use a rear hub and only mou 't a gear to the sikbrake mount. Then you can use the fast connector that comes with it to mount the rear hub.
As you put 2 chains to the 2 axles, then yes, you will need a solid axle.
Personally I would make it as in your other topic that last image.
It is the easiest way, because you don't need to mod the rear hub.

Yes 4 disk brakes are needed.
2 in the back and 2 in the front.

I wouldn't use a pin trough the hub, to keep it on the axle. That will get play in time. As you put a ring with holes on the axle, than you can use the disk brake mount, to mount it and even put a disk got the disk brake in between.

It depends on how you make it.
As you use a rear hub and only mou 't a gear to the sikbrake mount. Then you can use the fast connector that comes with it to mount the rear hub.
As you put 2 chains to the 2 axles, then yes, you will need a solid axle.
Personally I would make it as in your other topic that last image.
It is the easiest way, because you don't need to mod the rear hub.

Yes 4 disk brakes are needed.
2 in the back and 2 in the front.
This one?

Quick drawing of what I have done, may help to understand

Regarding the threading issue, theoretically I could just 'flip it around' for lack of a better explanation to keep it from coming loose (as per above setup)

That is possible, but I would do this one.

It isn't that hard to make that system.
I have no idea how to go about building that. Even with the inner workings chart and explanations, I still don't have a clue. This is something that I would have to buy and pull apart to figure out. I'm going the freewheel route as I posted above.

This is the setup I planned on going with due to it's simplicity. Going this route, how exactly do I mount the axle to the hub? I was thinking because it's solid, to put some nuts on the end of the hub bolt, weld the nuts together as one then weld the nuts to the axle, but just a guess.

Going this route, how exactly do I mount the axle to the hub? I was thinking because it's solid, to put some nuts on the end of the hub bolt, weld the nuts together as one then weld the nuts to the axle, but just a guess.
The zombie way is to make hub washers and weld to the axel, it's not difficult, just a lot of drilling.
I had a donor wheel and made the washer with holes to match the original hub.
If you can find large washers with correct inside dia. you only have the drilling to do.

The zombie way is to make hub washers and weld to the axel, it's not difficult, just a lot of drilling.
I had a donor wheel and made the washer with holes to match the original hub.
If you can find large washers with correct inside dia. you only have the drilling to do.

I still need a way to mount brake rotors to the rear wheels

That is possible, but I would do this one.

It isn't that hard to make that system.

Something like that.
Again, this doesn't make sense to me, so I'm not going that route. No amount of explanation will help. This is something I would have to buy and pull apart to understand (my most efficient way to learn). I don't have the time to find one (nor are they even available), so that's a no go. Please stop suggesting this idea as it is just a frustration and is unmotivating. If someone can build me one and have it shipped to me in the next week or two, that would be different and I can just pay the person for it.

I only have until about October to enjoy this thing. Then it'll be put away until next Spring.

What don't you understand about that?
It are 2 one way rings that are mounted each on an axle.
The black parts along the gear in the middle are 2 rings that have 4 holes where you put bolds trough with the gear in the middle and the bolds hold also on each side a one way locked. That's all.
It us the same as the other way, but way easier to make.

What don't you understand about that?
It are 2 one way rings that are mounted each on an axle.
The black parts along the gear in the middle are 2 rings that have 4 holes where you put bolds trough with the gear in the middle and the bolds hold also on each side a one way locked. That's all.
It us the same as the other way, but way easier to make.
I have no idea what these parts look like. I don't know what I'm looking for. And I just don't understand the diagram. I just don't understand it and won't be able to unless I buy one and take it apart. Flat out. The discussion on this style that you speak of is done; I'm not attempting it. I want it a specific way and I'm not moving away from it. Either I build it how I want (with my current limited knowledge on part names, etc) or I'm not building it at all. All of the other stuff including your "easy" 🙄 to build diff will be a learning experience for later; not now.