Drypod 2

Thanks for that. I plan to have sliding side windows so should have plenty of air flow. There's also the cut-outs in the wood side which I can panel in or not depending on if the windows prove sufficient. I'm also toying with the idea of a sunroof but sealing it will not be easy plus that roof panel is moderately structural. I'm aiming for a curved windscreen to encourage rain to go around it and fall off the sides which will slightly overlap the side windows. I'll give some thought to using a ram-air scoop and some ducting to flow air directly to the windscreen though I think I'll wait and see if it proves necessary. I could cut into the bonnet / hood just in front of the screen to keep ducting short.

The front end has bent round just fine and the two R-clips near the front are all that holds it on.

I think I'll have to modify the canopy though and probably lower the rear end a bit too. I've also noted a bit of warp in the wooden bits so that will need some corrective adjustment before anything else is done.

It is really taking shape isn't it? The orange looks good. :D

Thanks Brad.
Doesn't look much but it's been a long day's effort to de-twist the rear end with the help of some M8 rod. I started with M4 but it snapped! I've also dropped the rear by 5.5". It'll make getting on the seat easier, stabilise it better in the corners and lower the overall height of the finished body / canopy. I will loose some vision close to the front but I believe the stability requires it. I'm still unsure what to do with that canopy. One way under consideration is to make a curved screen and short side windows to provide sufficient fixing points on the side, then make a detachable roof / rear sides / back in canvas or thick polythene and press stud fastening. This will likely leak more but provide more sun and air in summer. The other alternative is to simply cut 3" off it's height and stick with the original plan.

Last edited: