folding bike build

At the time bicycle builder's bonanza was written, folding bikes were not yet popular. Now they are. Has anybody here created a folding bike?

At the time bicycle builder's bonanza was written, folding bikes were not yet popular. Now they are. Has anybody here created a folding bike?
I have one, but it was not built by me. The frame was built by "Sandman" on here (who is now sadly no longer with us).
It has square tubing for the main keel, a rear triangle from a donor bike and a cross-beam almost identical to an ICE trike.
The hinge was custom made by him from 6mm plate steel and has an "ear/lug" on each plate that holds the entire hinge together with just a single M8 Bolt; similarly the hinge-pin is an M8 bolt.
It works very well, but I rarely fold the trike. Sandman always complained that after each fold/unfold he had trouble with his gear changes. However, all commercial folders do not seem to have any real issues so it may just be the way John had his trike setup.

Twinkle

Super Moderator
John built 3 folding trikes , mine was hinged and folded in the opposite way to the other 2 John built . Mine is still undergoing a few mods to make the trike rigid , having owned an ice trike l can see the advantages of using the seat to reinforce the hinge when in the non folded position .