Going for my second build.

Welded them in place. Need to clean it and close the gaps on the side of 2 in the front.
I was afraid that I would destroy them to much and had to sand them a lot to get the bearings in. But even the one in the rear, is almost all clean inside. Noting I can't remove with a bit of sanding. Need to clean the welds a lot and probably close the holes that will show up. But it's getting dark early, so I had to stop.
First clean it now and as that is done, put some welds over it. That will be easier.
I check it and alm are mounted as they need to be.

The 3d printed parts, did their work. 2 melted a bit, but I expected that. I don't need them any more.

Also mounted the rear part for the seat.

I have now 2 to 3 weeks the time to clean it all and put nice welds on it. After that, I hope to have my last few parts, so I can finish the build.

I was thinking of making my own battery cases. But I think that I switch back to my old plan with amo boxes.
I just placed one next to it, to see how it gits, and it fits great. The seat will be a bit more raised, so I get even more space. But the box already has enough space to open. The bags will sit behind the boxes, where I was afraid that they would be in front of it or even against them.

I will sand them and paint them probably black.

I got today the price for the parts from the factory and I approved it. So I hope in 1 or 2 weeks to have them. Then I can build again. I hope by then also that the mounting parts for the rear have arrived. Than can I put it together.

I ordered today some lights for the trike. A new front and rear light. Only need a city light and the turn signals for the back.
Front an 18w wide beam, for dark roads and an e bike light for in the city.
The rear light is a wide thin led light, that are normally on cars and trailers. But it is nice and will fit great ad the rear. It also gives more light than the normal lights.
All 12v, so I am also getting a DC to DC converter.
Switch box in front of the seat, so I can turn it all off and switch from battery.

Now I need to contact a recumbent bike shop for some stuff for the seat.

Thank you and that seat was only 30 euro.
I am afraid for drilling holes in it. I will mark the holes and check them several times before I drill a hole.

He sold several versions. This one, one that could be adjusted for longer people and several plastic ones.
I also the soft seat that fits on it. That was also 30 euro.
Toghter cheaper tgan my wooden seat.
I need to wash it. It was used but still looks good.

I hoped to get some parts fast, but it seems that now, China is fast, but the Netherlands is very slow.
As it stays like this, I won't get my parts before the end of the year.

I received my second part gort the mounting of the rear suspension. I will design a c print a few parts that help me to cut some parts in the right size.
As that is done and I have my laser cut parts, I will start building again.

Ordered derailleur, 9 speeds casset and a 9 speed tumbshifter. Only need a chain, and the bafang and my drive system is ready.
As I receive my rear hub, I will let my rear wheel build.
Found a Dutch webshop that sels schwalbe tires gor a good price. So I will order them also.
Going for the marathons, not the plus. The marathons are a bit lighter and have less friction, what makes them faster.

I picked up the final parts from the factory. I still need some parts, but those will I make myself.

Seat mounts. Front one for the bottom and the big one, for the rear, so I can adjust the angle.

Steering parts. Top is for by the front wheel and the parts in front, for under the seat.
Need to weld it. Test fit was good.

Ordered the Bafang 350w 36v with 860c screen and a 48t.
Also added a short sensor, so it brakes power, when shifting. I went for that, because the Bafang has no torc sensor, so keeps giving the same power, even as you push less on your pedals.

Got my parts to mount the rear to the frame.
My rear hub arrived, so I will let the rear wheel build.
Waiting for derailleur, casset and shifter.

Now i can build further again and put the wheels on it.

Beautiful cutting. Do you send them a file to cut and bend to?
Yes, I send several files. A dxf file for the laser cutting machine. As they need to make it, it will be expensive and I can just ill them from my models.
Then also a pdf with the drawing number, material, amount and the main dimensions. That is mainly for the floor and so they can calculate the price.
For the parts that need to be bend, I send an axtra file. Next to the dxf, the drawing with all info flat, I also ad one with all bending info.

After this bike, I start with working on my 3D printer. That will be a big one and I decided, to ad a back plate with a logo in it. I will let that, plus the bottom plate also laser cut.
Gives me a lot of options and I know that everything is on the right spot.

I got today my Schwalbe marathon traditional tires. Front 1,5x20 and rear 1,5x26.
I was looking ad the Marathon+, the Marathon and the Marathon race.
I dicided to go four the marathon Green of also known as the traditional.
It is a middle option. More durable than the race and more roll as the +.

I went for the 1,5 a narrow tire, because I mainly ride on smooth roads. So I don't need wider tires.

Tomorrow the Derailleur and the 9 speed cassette is arriving. So my parts are coming in.
Also going to contact the shop, to build my rear wheel.

This week and next week no building. Way to bissy ad the moment. Delivering for the shop below me and with the corona, many people ordered this time and also way more deliveries.

Also going to contact the shop, to build my rear wheel.
Build the wheel yourself, it is a very easy and satisfying task. ;)
Glad that it is all coming together in good time for you. Have Fun!

Build the wheel yourself, it is a very easy and satisfying task. ;)
Glad that it is all coming together in good time for you. Have Fun!
With my front wheels I wanted it to do it myself, to try one. But I don't have the tools and he is very cheap and delivers great work.

Just received the derailleur and the casset.
Parts are now coming in slowly. Hope that the rest will follow soon.

Thanks to Maddox, I can now mount the rear to the frame.
He made the spacers and rings that hold the rear part and did a great job. It fits perfectly and it seems that the tube I welded, is straight. So I don't have to align it.

Here are some images.
The black parts are made by Maddox. 2 spacers ad the inside and 2 parts inside the aluminum rear part.

I am getting 2 rvs rings for on the outside. I think that this is strong enough, but just for feeling and it makes that I don't have to cutoff a lot of the m12 bold.

Here some images with the rear mounted.

Now I will start with the steering, so I can put the front wheels under the frame. As that is done, I can put in the rear wheel and fix the suspension ad the right position.

As that is done, I start with the seat and under seat steering.
After tgat, the base is ready and can I work on the battery and bags mounts.

Extending the cables on the bafang motor.
Adding a gear sensor and the front and rear lights go on automatically. The extra lights and rear direction lights will be put under a switch.

I also got my mudguards for the front wheels.
I have now almost everything. Getting an aluminum round tube for the steering. Easier to bend and light.

I did some work on the trike today. I try to do some things tomorrow, so I can mount the front wheels on the frame.
Making it, so I can alighn them.
I will also try to fix the suspension to the frame.

Today I placed the front wheels on the frame. I just welded it on the edges for testing, but I will finish it this week.
I test fitted the brake mounts.

Not the best images and this was before I welded the wheels. But everything fits.
I have a small camber on the wheels. I was thinking to set the wheels straight, but the small camber gives a bit more racy look, so I am thinking to keep it that way.

Ordering some parts this week, so I can mount the steering and the seat.
I hope to have it all mounted by the end of the week, but it depends on the weather.

Going to use my rear wheel from my first trike, to know where to fix the mounting points of the suspension to the frame.

Still a lot of work, but most work sits in the small things.
I hope yo have a rolling frame by the end of this week and the steering finished next week.
After that the rear bag mounts.