Going for my second build.

I wanted to weld the mount for the rear suspension to the frame, but it was wet all day, so I couldn't.
In the end it was good, because the spacer I designed, was to small. I needed to change the dimensions and print it again. Now the spring setting is right.

The rear wheel removed from my other trike and placed the schwalbe tire on it. The diamer is a bit smaller, so I used it to get it right.
The rear wheel is standing straight and is in line with the frame.
Front wheels have done camber and are equal now. I keep it like that. It makes that the front is a bit wider, so a bit more stable in the corners.

I hope that it is dry tomorrow, so I can weld.
Bringing also the ream and rear hub to the bmx shop. He wel order spokes and nipples and build it.

I weld it just on a few spots, so it is fixed. As everything's is OK, I will finish the welding.

Yes I have both. I wanted only disk in the rear, but I also wanted in the front 2 brake handles in the same style. The problem was, was that the single one, doesn't has a lock option. That is shy I added a v-brake. I have a small lock system what tgrt normally use to lock seat suspension and air brakes.
This way I can lock my rear wheel. Easier with walking as I hold the bike by the rear wheel.

I use my rear brake with my front brakes. I like it also a bit more to slow a bit down in a corner.

I placed today the mounting of the seat to the frame. Well, made a start with it. Need to finish it, but it hold me when I was test sitting.

I added the steering mount ad the bottom. M10 thread under the seat.

Got a rear fender, but it was bend. So they send me a new one, but that one is also bend ad the same place. I contacted them again and hope that they check it before they ship it first or send me an other 26 inch fender.

I got my self some tools, so I can do a lot more and faster ad home. That makes tgat I made a few steps.
Next step is finish the welding, put the front wheels under the right angle and as the brake mounts and finish the steering.
It doesn't look much, but it takes a lit of time.

My rear wheel is also finished, so I have now all 3 wheels ready.

Well done Emiel, it is certainly coming along nicely.
Just a thought.... I would put washers either side of the bolts to prevent any chance of the seat stays sneaking out from under the bolt heads. ;)

Well done Emiel, it is certainly coming along nicely.
Just a thought.... I would put washers either side of the bolts to prevent any chance of the seat stays sneaking out from under the bolt heads. ;)
Thanks Danny. I put washer under it, when it is ready. Need to take it apart, so that is why is left them out.

I noticed that the front wheels are a bit narrower placed then my previous build. It comes mainly thanks to the narrower front hubs. It is about 1 inch, so not a real problem.

Today I checked my front wheels and made them more vertical. The mounting has now a gap of about 0,5mm where it was 3mm. So a lot straighter.
Tomorrow I try to finish the mounts and ad the brake mounts.
Wednesday I hope to have the steering and the seed miunts finished.
After that I can work on the chain route. So soon I can do my first test ride.

I finished one side of the front steering and I will finish the other side tonight. Well it isn't finished, but it only needs sanding.

Tomorrow sanding ut, finishing the seat mount and then start looking ad the chain line.
Maybe also get some aluminum and steel tubing.
Hopefully get it so far, tgat I can put up the chain and try to ride it next week.

The brakes fit perfectly. The bb7 and the cheap Chinese ones. To be honest, I find the cheap Chinese ones better looking. They are smaller and nice red.

When I (try again )build a Streetfox derivate, I would design my own "Large" disks, and use 2 of the cheapies on each wheel. Still cheaper than 1 BB7.
One set is probably enough for the cheap ones. Just get an other lever so you can ad more force.
It works better than on each wheel 2 brakes.

Seat is bending a bit ad the bottom because I placed the mounting a bit to far to the back. Printing support for under the seat. That will solve it and ad a bit of dempening.

I put the frame togheter. I connected the front wheels togheter. Tomorrow I work further on it.
Maybe I need a softer rear spring. But I will see that as the bike is ready. Bags and batteries will ad weight, so I think it will be fine. If not, I will get a big softer spring.

The seat is further forward than my previous build. This helps to get out my seat.
Behind the seat, I have more space. There is a gap between the seat and the rear wheel, but there the bags will be mounted and the batteries.
The wheel base is a bit shorter then my previous build.
The frame is also a lot lighter.

Printing now a test mount for the fender got the rear.
For the front I need an other design.
Printing it from tpu, so it is a bit flexible and also makes that it doesn't make noice.
Only need one on the rear and for the front, I need 2 on each side. The aluminium strips I have. Only need to make them the right size, bent the front ones and ad mounting holes.
I hope that it works as I want. If so then it is very easy to mount and adjust the fenders.

Ordered chaintube and the chain tube holder that mounts to the idler.
I placed the chain on the trike to see where and how I wanted to mount it. I only need one idler that I already have. For the chain tube, I will design and print 3 mounts.

I can finish the Cain this week, but I can't ride it without the handle bar. Need aluminium 22mm tube for that. I will call tomorrow a factory if they have it, else I need to wait till the snow is less.
As I have thar, I can bend it and make that I can ride my trike.

I placed the fenders in fusion. I made for the rear a mount and now I have the design for the spacers. Only need the place where they come and I can print them with the right angle.

Need to fix a website tonight. As tgat is done, I will fix the idler nd put on the chain tube. As that is done, I can print some parts for the chain tube and fix it to the frame.
After that I need a 22mm pipe so I can use it as steer and mount a brake and shifters to it. Then as the snow is gone, I can do a test ride.

After doing noting for a while, I started to weld some things today. The welds look terrible, so I have a lot of sanding to do.
Next week I will get those welds fixed and bent my steering. After that, I will put my frame togheter so I can test ride it.
Sanding will come later. I still need to make a rack for my bags and battery mounts.
As that is done, I will sand it all.
Sanding will be the most work.