Good place to get frame materials for delta wolf project

If you have some sources for frame material please let me know have most of the components sourced but always open to suggestions.
found Chicago electric flux welder for $50 almost new. Also wonder if any one has tried making a velo skin out of sips?
Found a hobart 140 with all the gear including a nice welding table for $375.00 man I need to get some stuff out of my garage.
Crazy Colorado Rider.

Last edited:
Don't waste your money on a Chicago electric welder (Harbor Freight junk)
Look for a Miller or Hobart. Reconditioned is better price.

If you have some sources for frame material please let me know have most of the components sourced but always open to suggestions.
found Chicago electric flux welder for $50 almost new. Also wonder if any one has tried making a velo skin out of sips?
Crazy Colorado Rider.
Don't waste your money on a Chicago electric welder (Harbor Freight junk)
Look for a Miller or Hobart. Reconditioned is better price.
If you've never welded before, a $50 welder may be considered 'educational material', thus consider it throw away.
I bought the HF welder, and did fine with it, but found it was difficult, to learn using flux core. I couldn't get decent, trustworthy welds. It's very messy, causing unnecessary grinding/filing/sanding. Caused some needless beginner frustration.

MrIdaho, is right, in that a better welder is better. I speak from experience. My suggestion is, if you're 'serious' about welding, then go with MIG first. It is like night and day, in how it welds, and I find, is easier to manage than flux core.

Also know that all welders are not created equal. Know the specifications of each choice, and pick the welder that meets 'your' needs. After only six months, I sold my HF welder for half what I bought it for. I upgraded to a Hobart 140, MIG. Haven't looked back since.

Good luck with which ever choice you make.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info I know HF is not high quality. As far as experience go's I took welding as part of a HVAC course and have done a few projects with friends equipment. I will have to keep my eye on Craig's list. My first course of business is to get the garage emptied out so I have a place to work. Selling MAME and Motorcycle to fund my Velo project. My father in law used to weld for a living so I do have some sources for learning.

the HF welder is ac output not DC that mig is supposed to be for good welds.

Found a hobart 140 with all the gear including a nice welding table for $375.00 man I need to get some stuff out of my garage.
Crazy Colorado Rider.
Found some steel would someone check this out and let me know if it is a decent deal.

Also found this Lincoln welder. https://denver.craigslist.org/tls/d/aurora-lincoln-pro-mig/6937990730.html

you list Colorado as your location, but no city - if you're in or around Colorado Springs go to Glaser Steel on 31st for your raw materials. 24' of 1.5" square 16 gauge was $14 two weeks ago.

Thanks I should have put my city in yes I live in Monument so Colorado Springs is just down the road and that seems like a great deal.

I live on the East side of Colorado Springs. I'm new to bicycles, but not new to fabrication. If you need help, send me a PM.