Got a load of exelent plans!

I have just start to study the plans, and my first impression, they are very good. I have to get used to imperal and make translation to metric, I did a ruff and fast program, to help, as I am not good to see thats a foot or an inch is in metrics.
My plan is to get a 4-wheeler side by side, which in my opinion is the closest we can get to replace a car. In Sweden (and elsewhere) transport ebikes are comming, moving rather heavy load in cities. I estimate (as I have much to learn) it will take a year or so to make it real. We here has not access to junkjards, as recycling means you drop it and it is recycled, not a second market. Good stuff will be fixed by the county supporting workshops there they employ persons which has difficults to get a job, due to health or bad records.

I will update my work, but I think it will not be a fast road.

Last edited:
I may get a new grinder, can't find that I used before. I have some tools, but they are for woodworking. I have no welder, but that could be bought. The only place I can weld safe it outside, and a welder with gas may be difficult (windy). A pin welder I think is a bit difficult as I have to move as the stick becomes shorter. I lean at a welder with thread, but no gas. I have found two new bike wheels ("black week sales" about 60 dollars total), which I will start with, and try to replace the hubs for stronger. They are 20 inch 48 spokes.

Jesper, I found having 2 small 5" grinders was very useful. One with a thin cut wheel and one with a flap wheel or a grinding wheel. FYI a flap wheel has many strips of sandpaper/grit and is very good at cleaning up welds. Always wear eye protection plus for the noise I use headphone style ear muffs. The safety protection only takes a moment to put on but could save you a lifetime of pain. On my side of the ocean a pin welder is called a stick or arc welder. The coating on the welding rod protects the weld and that style is probably the best for welding outside. I use a MIG welder on my builds and can use gasless or flux core wire. The fluxcore is what I mostly always use in a .035 size. Fluxcore is smoky and also has a fair bit of spatter which means lots of little "balls" around the weld that need to be cleaned with the grinder and sometimes a small chisel. MIG is the easiest type of weld but you would be advised to put up some type of windscreen if welding outside, even with fluxcore wire.

Most hubs you would swap the std ones out for will not come in 48 hole. Most 12, 15 or 20mm hubs will be 28, 32 or 36 hole.

Most hubs you would swap the std ones out for will not come in 48 hole. Most 12, 15 or 20mm hubs will be 28, 32 or 36 hole.
I think I will make the hubs, in the plans or if I can use the old, remove stuff and weld the axle in the larger hole. The bearings will then be on the axle.

Jesper, I found having 2 small 5" grinders was very useful. One with a thin cut wheel and one with a flap wheel or a grinding wheel. FYI a flap wheel has many strips of sandpaper/grit and is very good at cleaning up welds. Always wear eye protection plus for the noise I use headphone style ear muffs. The safety protection only takes a moment to put on but could save you a lifetime of pain. On my side of the ocean a pin welder is called a stick or arc welder. The coating on the welding rod protects the weld and that style is probably the best for welding outside. I use a MIG welder on my builds and can use gasless or flux core wire. The fluxcore is what I mostly always use in a .035 size. Fluxcore is smoky and also has a fair bit of spatter which means lots of little "balls" around the weld that need to be cleaned with the grinder and sometimes a small chisel. MIG is the easiest type of weld but you would be advised to put up some type of windscreen if welding outside, even with fluxcore wire.
We call it "pinnsvets" so I translated it to Swenglish, something which readers will see more of. English is my forth language.
I remember once I translated charger as "loader" as it is called "laddare" in Swedish.

The weather is bad for now, so it is not possible to do much untill it becomes better, high winds and rain.

Yes I think I buy one grinder of better sort, and one "junk" for 10 dollars. Sanding can be done on any.