I mean friken' lasers! (ways to mark your trike as your own)

So... My eldest got a laser etcher, and a 3D printer a few years back. She's not terribly inclined to use them of late, having been pursuing a course of study and then covid-19 challenges in completing a course in Paramedicine. She's graduated now, and living the dream of driving the "Wee Woo!" bus, so kudo's to her. However, the aforementioned tools are here, at my disposal. I had an odd thought today after doing some snowblower shear pin replacement. These pics are the result:

So the above is after being etched, removed and taped to my desk - this stuff was on a roll, and it wants to stay rolled (grr).
This is what it looks like when you hold it away from you, and you let the incident angles of return sharpen.

I'm running this on some fluorescent yellow tape now... crossing my fingers, it behaves a lot differently than this type of conspicuity tape, and scatters the light a lot more. I think I need shade 7 to properly focus it - shade 5 didn't quite cut it.

But, hey, I got to play with a laser! whooo!

DK

I wonder if this could be used on metal parts of the bike after painting to give more proof of ownership if a bike is stolen and then recovered by authorities. I heard some bike thieves are putting their own locks on bikes that are locked and trying to claim ownership. Not sure how the heck that works but lasering the frame could solve that.

Engraving and on several places. Best on places that aren't that visible like under the seat.
Also on different arts, so they see it isn't just one part.

Agreed. Years ago, the City of Ottawa here in Ontario would hand you a hammer and a number punch set. You hammered your S.I.N. into your bike, wrote a description up and gave the punch set back to them. There was no way to ensure follow up etc. Today, I am using Garage 529, and pics! The Ottawa Police Service and a fair number of others across the country are all recommending and or sponsoring registrations. The little laser I used can't do more than plastics, paper or leather. Metal and stone are not within it's capacity. You can get that kind, but you may be asked questions given the power ratings needed. :) number and letter punches are cheaper. Just have touch up paint handy. The custom stickers are for the less observant thief...;-)