Is this engine adaptable

That engine is equivalent to over a 3kw electric motor. The cycle components are likely to struggle with that unless upgraded. Tyres and bearings are the first components that will likely suffer but equally a regular cycle rim won't take kindly to hitting potholes at the speeds it could muster. It would go over 50mph with that amount of power. You'd need approximately a 17:1 gearbox to reduce that to get to appropriate rpm at the wheel for 50mph (26" wheel) and there's no way regular cycle chain will hold at that power, you'd need something beefier or a moped type variable belt drive. I appreciate that just because it will do 50mph+ doesn't mean it has to do that but I'd suggest that once you get above 30mph and 1000W you start to move away from std cycle components and move to moped ones or, probably much more expensively, cycle ones specifically designed for high power ebikes.

There's also local laws to consider and I have no idea on those in any area of the USA. I'd be surprised if any state would allow such an engine to be attached to anything without meeting a myriad of laws before being allowed on any road.

Thanks Popshot. Just thinking at this stage. Hence all the smoke. 😁😁. Probably going to go with 4 cycle anyway. Had good luck with the Honda 35 on my two wheeler, 4 years now. Wonder if a 50 would be better for towing under a 120 lbs ?

There are quite a few gas motorized bikes here in Winnipeg though I,ve yet to see a gas engine on a trike. They are not legal here and speaking to a couple of people who use them if a rider with such a motor runs into a police officer who is in a bad mood, etc the fines can run up to over $1300 Canadian. Usually the police ignore those bikes but if they see one being run at fast speeds - 32 kph is the mandated limit for any type of motor assisted cycle - that usually rsults in a ticket

While it Could be done, one has to think carefully about whether it Should be done.
It is fraught with hazards both legal and physical.