Just the ticket full suspension tadpole , very simple implementation ?

Hi all

article

Shame the trike points the wrong way when being ridden :ROFLMAO:

Paul

Maybe, but reversing the directions looks simple enough.
However, in this clip I couldn't see any clear indications of those fronts being truly independent.
I'm sure they are else why have 2 shocks, it just doesn't get demo'd well in the clip.
Would have been good to see nearside wheel up on the kerb while the other was still on the roadway.
Those airshocks aren't cheap either are they? :)

Maybe this helps a 2 seater quad full suspension with some build pictures ?

Allegedly the air shocks can be quite cheap ......as long as you want to keep pumping them up !

The better ones are costly , and maybe overkill for us mere mortals.

Paul

Like the build quality. I note that they've got chassis either side of the front pivots. That will go a long way to restraining the tendancy for leading arms to pull sideways on hitting anything. I'd love to see the bearings in use there. They've kept suspension to a couple of inches it would appear, presumably to resist roll in a corner. They don't show it cornering though. In cornering, with one arm up and the other down, the tie rod connecting the wheels will efectively pull the rear of the front wheels together giving toe out. How much this compromise affects handling is impossible to guess without trying it.

The quad doesn't have chassis both sides of the front pivot and does lean a fair amount in even moderate cornering. In it's defence it is carrying a lot of weight in those cornering shots.

Maybe this helps a 2 seater quad full suspension with some build pictures ?

Allegedly the air shocks can be quite cheap ......as long as you want to keep pumping them up !

The better ones are costly , and maybe overkill for us mere mortals.

Paul
That's better! Thanks.
So I got several take-aways from that second clip of the quad.
Yes it is suspended per wheel, the steering is tank steering with a cross-link between the two front wheels.
The bearings on those front wheel outriggers don't look overly challenging, and are much like we have all done with pivots before, but I suspect they are very well "jigged" for accuracy.
We don't know if that is all steel or Aluminium though (I suspect steel).
It is very well made indeed. :)

Thanks again.

Last edited: