Mesh seat wings

Has anyone got experience with and without lateral support on a mesh seated trike? Something like this? The fibreglass seats I've so far used have good lateral support but I don't know if it's as needed or even needed more on a mesh seat.

In my mesh seats (1 laced in with bungee cord like a trampoline, and the other hard-laced with paracord) you are sat in-between the side rails to a reasonable extent and I have not felt the need for any additional support.
But then, I am not a turbo-nutter-Ba$tard speed-demon perhaps? I do find that the ability to lean appropriately in tight turns or traversing slopes does help, and additional lateral support would make that more difficult.
Someone will soon be along with the photo of me capsized on the original Wonky-Donkey (when I leaned the wrong way) I am sure. ;)

Thanks. It'll be interesting to hear if your views change or not when you have the leaning trike up and running.
Good thought! Will dust off my "Crash-Test-Dummy" suit. ;)

On the mesh seated vehicles I have ridden never though ' oh I need wings on the seat '

Can't see you getting enough tension on any seat covering to stop the sag once you sit on it.

I am also skeptical of the bend some seats have in the frame for lumber support ? IMHO the seat cover sags so much you loos any lumber support you thought you had built in ?

If you look at this closely the frame claims to have a lumber support bend in it ? however the covering tells a different story and is sagging without anyone on it in the opposite direction ?

I see your point there Paul. I'll have a scout round the net to see if I can see that happening on other seats too.