Milling Streetfox Boom for Caster and Centerpoint

Twinkle's threads on her terrier builds said she milled the booms to make it easy to install the headtubes. All the pictures are gone so going off the text. I can't quite wrap my mind on how you would do this. Envisioning a drill press with table that rotated around a central pivot, I can see getting one angle but not both. Am I missing something?

Yes.
Its just cutting 2 holes with a hole-saw, one in the top face and then one in the bottom face and then cutting the straight-lines to join them top and bottom.
Traditional old-school math will tell you where the centres of the holes should be in relation to each other.
From memory (could be wrong) it is that the bottom hole is 12 degrees forwards and 12 degrees outwards (or the upper is 12 rearwards and 12 inwards from the lower one - you choose :D ). On 40mm x 40mm square tube it is about 8mm or less, do the math (my head hurts). :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Twinkle

Super Moderator
From memory it's the diagonal corners of an 8mm box on 40mm square .Doing 2 cross booms can be done with 3 sets of holes . Blame postimage for the lack of photos.

Regards Emma