MJ’s Streetfox build

Thank you for sharing your build progress, MJ12, and for the excellent pictures!

Very encouraging & inspiring.

Hope you've recovered fully from the pestilence by now?
Yes thanks, I’m feeling much better… I painted the frame and steering and have started putting it back together.

started with an acid etch primer

then a couple of coats of rattle can. I ran out of black on the swing arm so I’ve done a two tone.

Starting to go back together

So there you go, she is all finished.

I made a couple of modifications to her, one being how the bottom bracket is attached. As only I will be using her I bolted it down.
I also fitted a rear mudguard.

Ive built some things over the years but this was the most fun, it rides a treat and I can even fit it in my car so I’ll be planning a trip of two to some decent cycle routes.

I hope you have enjoyed this thread, I’m a total newbie to this. If you are thinking “shall I have a go?” the answer is yes, the plans are clear and easy to follow. Just have a go…

MJ

That's nicely colour coordinated. Might I suggest a 135 degree noodle on the left brake line just prior to the caliper to get the line close enough to the chassis to attach it. It looks a bit vulnerable out there. Are you planning on being towed with that eyelet at the front? How are you getting on with the headrest?

That's nicely colour coordinated. Might I suggest a 135 degree noodle on the left brake line just prior to the caliper to get the line close enough to the chassis to attach it. It looks a bit vulnerable out there. Are you planning on being towed with that eyelet at the front? How are you getting on with the headrest?
i am thinking of putting a noodle there, however at the moment it work. The eyelet is for hanging it up in the garage, saves room.
the headrest is a bit pointless to be fair, it more in my back. However it works as a back rest. I’ll probably change the seat sometime.