My life with Python trikes Mk1 , Mk1.5 , Mk2 ?

SirJoey

Super Moderator
A velo is my dream HPV. Wanted one ever since the early 80s when I first discovered them.
Sadly though, buying one is still way outta my budget, & building one is outta the question.
So, unless I stumble across a killer deal on a used one, I guess I'll keep on dreaming... :sleep:

About another 8 miles , as it is very wet in the UK and I don't like the rain however I need to see how it brakes in the wet ?

Answer well only slightly exciting as long as you image one of your testicles in each hand when you squeeze the brake levers.

Speedo failed who though a single screw on a SS spoke is good enough to hold a magnet in place ?

Trying to get it out of the rain @ a cafe stop smashed a wing mirror off grrr.... more work as the common bit ended up free and the custom bit in the handle bar end was smashed so I need to make another one.

off to the garage...

oh and it is still raining , been doing that since Monday night ..

About another 8 miles , as it is very wet in the UK and I don't like the rain however I need to see how it brakes in the wet ?

Answer well only slightly exciting as long as you image one of your testicles in each hand when you squeeze the brake levers.

Speedo failed who though a single screw on a SS spoke is good enough to hold a magnet in place ?

Trying to get it out of the rain @ a cafe stop smashed a wing mirror off grrr.... more work as the common bit ended up free and the custom bit in the handle bar end was smashed so I need to make another one.

off to the garage...

oh and it is still raining , been doing that since Monday night ..
Oh, so those brakes are only slightly better than the single disc + V-Brake on the front then? ;)

Oh, so those brakes are only slightly better than the single disc + V-Brake on the front then? ;)
Pay attention at the back there Clarke !!!

Whilst locklng either/both rear wheels up is exciting it does not stop the steering [ much ;) ]

Pay attention at the back there Clarke !!!

Whilst locklng either/both rear wheels up is exciting it does not stop the steering [ much ;) ]
I think that despite all the grief and all your "moaning", you are secretly quite pleased that it works so well.:whistle:

I've imagined it and I can't unimagine it now.
No, No, No! You are not supposed to imagine one of Paul's testicles in each of your hands! That's just plain wrong. But perfectly legal, I understand. :ROFLMAO:

Just shy of 40 miles done now.

Apologies due as I wrongly slagged off the SA brake levers , I found with some wiggling the cable could be attached/detached without taking the levers off the bars :whistle: so they were fitted and are working well [ I like the 'big' lever as they are easy to use with gloves on ]

Rear brakes are sharp however as long as the surface is dry they are easily mastered.

Wet or loose/mud surfaces are very different kettle of birds of a feather and require the utmost caution and forward planning....

So that's all going to be fine till I have to do an emergency stop on a less than favourable surface , at that point all bets are off on the likely outcome :)

Need to move parking brake as it has twice dug in the back of my leg and tighten cable a little.

Add more tubing to the rear frame and a bit of electrical tape as the paint seems to be rubbing off on the panniers ? Ok for Lidl panniers NOT ok for Ortlieb panniers at 3 times the price.

more miles needed Paul