Nazca Fiero new buy

SirJoey
Well I am only just 64 and only carry a couple of problems at the moment.

So all this stuff needs doing before I cannot do any of it due to infirmity.

Yes Bike-E looks similar , it was always said the boom on the Oke-Ja was a section of yacht mast ?

It's handling is very benign apart from having the 16" front wheel , it can make the bike seem twitchy in some situations and can easily lock up if not treated with respect.

regards Paul

Hi all

Got out Friday on Nazca , not a huge success I am afraid ?

Did the Kessel Run in less than 1 hour [ Mothers ! ] which is par for the course for a 2 wheeler.

I think when I roll off the drive for a test run on the local estate I don't bother with the seat pad nor using the toe clips.

So when I do I am very cramped in the cockpit [ seat pad very thick , but comfortable ] i.e to close to bars and pedals so knees not extending comfortably.

I need to try a Ventist pad [ I have 2 unpurposed at present ] and get the boom out another inch.

Ho hum Paul

Hi Paul,
I suspect you are almost running out of room on that boom, and the non-elevated nature of the cranks also making you feel less comfortable than you are "used to"?
You can always buy the longer boom I guess.

Hi Paul,

You mentioned ventisit seat pads, over this way a common site on motorbikes are these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/96x55cm-...589281&hash=item2601362765:g:XaUAAOSwzyBbh7YN

They are made of 3D mesh as are ventisit, but at a fraction of the price. Have them on my 'bents, and help a great deal with reducing sweaty back. Maybe not much use to you as you have a couple to re-purpose, but others might be interested.........

In the UK the material is sold to put underneath mattresses in caravans and boats to stop mould ?

Certainly they look familiar , however there are Ventist and there are Ventist ?

The bicycle ones are expensive however there are 2 different constructions some are 2 layer and some are 3 layer I suspect because they are replacing the original foam cover so need to have some give.

I wonder if the motorcycle ones are single layer as they are only meant to add an air layer between the original seat and a bum ?

regards Paul

Hi Paul,
I suspect you are almost running out of room on that boom, and the non-elevated nature of the cranks also making you feel less comfortable than you are "used to"?
You can always buy the longer boom I guess.

Yes and yes possibly ?

regards Paul

In the UK the material is sold to put underneath mattresses in caravans and boats to stop mould ?

Certainly they look familiar , however there are Ventist and there are Ventist ?

The bicycle ones are expensive however there are 2 different constructions some are 2 layer and some are 3 layer I suspect because they are replacing the original foam cover so need to have some give.

I wonder if the motorcycle ones are single layer as they are only meant to add an air layer between the original seat and a bum ?

regards Paul

....the motorcycle ones are single layer. With them being so cheap, guess you could buy a few and layer them to your tastes. Mind you, a few more servings like that one you're eating and you'll have your own built in cushioning....😄

Back