New Sports Utility eBike (SUB) Project

So I've developed a new approach to make eBikes safer and capable of carrying heavy luggage without having to use a monster cargo bike. I'd be interested to hear people's comments or suggestions.
Here's a short video

Who is your intended market ? - can't see many people wanting a bike to carry stuff where the seat and the handle bars are at the same level ?

Can't see it being very stable with front wheels about 16" apart and no leaning ability ?

The rider will still make up most of the load , with the high C of G that comes with an upright bike ? - so when empty how can it be safer ?

Seems you are intending no more luggage than you could get on a normal bike ? - so is this not a bit complicated for no gain ?

Sorry to seem so negative , just a personal view

Not sure on the market yet. Cheaper steel or expensive carbon. Just gauging feedback like yours at the moment.
The rider will be able to lean but not the front wheels.
High CofG is a safety issue for lots of people. Add 40kg of shopping or small child above the axles and lots of people won't be able to handle it and more will have accidents.
With hub cable steering the front wheel width could be adjustable. More expense but also more versatility.

Hi there

My trike has a seat 8" [ yes eight inches ] from the ground and needs a 30" rear track to avoid problems.

I doubt most people would be happy with a child on the front of this , unprotected in a crash , easy to put fingers in front wheels etc.

You are really posting this on the wrong forum as we are builders of bikes/trikes that are not currently manufactured so are unlikely to be your target demographic ?

Assume this is not a troll posting ?

On here we freely trade ideas to build interesting machines , there is little to be gained by say ' patented every where ' the only people likely to copy it are the Chinese and I think if they can copy Sony stuff and Lego that phrase is not going to deter them.

Bikes not dissimilar to this are already available or have been available and not taken off or have been designed and not built. I'd echo that a 16" track and an upright bike is an accident waiting to happen. It will need to be wider or more complicated and lean. If it leans you then compromise the front cargo area with wheel intrusion. I can't see anyone wanting a child in that front area. Appart from fingers as mentioned they would also be an impact absorption system in the event of a frontal crash. From what I see of the market the vast majority of people spending big money on bikes either want a high end racer / mountain bike or want an unusual toy. There are exceptions but a utility bike market seems largely the province of Asian economies and low price is the major consideration.

As above I'm sorry to sound negative but it's simply my view. I think there is little to no market for an expensive utility bike / trike.

Website
axerail.coffeecup.com
The design reminded me of a thought I had a couple of months ago. I had seen a few longish dutch cargo bikes being pedalled around with a couple of young children in the front box and thought that it didn't look very friendly for them - wooden seat in a wooden box, etc. Many parents don't cycle because they can't easily take the young children with them. Empty seats could also be used for shopping.

Ignoring the front end requirements, I thought of having configurable passenger seating for 1, 2 or 3 children, at the rear. A single detachable child's seat fitted above the rear wheel for 1 child, a single seat either side of the rear wheel for 2 children and a measure of balance, or use them all for 3 children.

Substitute the seats for boxes and you have shopping transport.