Opinion sought for StreetFox modification

It has to do with the front arms, called as "front arm boom" in the plan. What might be the implications? --> Please, see attached draft image.

++ Additional potentially useful info:
-The trike will be used only by me. I am 70 inch tall (177cm). It is stated that the angled front boom solution -instead of the "cross boom" solution- is chosen for short riders.
-A second reason is, to make construction simpler.

Thank you very much for your support.

Number 3 is I think not the one you want.
Because of the place of the arm, you will get problems with getting on and off. I have that with my first trike.
I changed it on my second one. My seat came a bit forward and I moved the arm a bit back.
It helped a lot.

I would go for the angled arms or the second one with the arm moved back.
The shorter wheelbase will make that your steering will be more direct and gives you a smaller turning circle.

Thank You Emiel. I am also wondering about the shorter wheelbase.

In your 2nd one, did you make the arm angled, or straight? Any other considerations related?

I have on both a straight arm.
First one it is moved more forward. Second one it is a few cm shorter wheelbase and the seat is a bit more forward.

For me it was yo get easier on and off.

Thanks.

I am thinking to achieve the shortest wheelbase possible -- firstly to make the seat, then the straight front arm close to that.

Anyway it will certainly be longer than an upright bicycle, and with the lower position being safer in terms of the vehicle's stability especially at braking.

If you make the wheelbase shorter you can get to the point of having your weight too far towards the front wheels and it can then tip forward under braking. The Streetfox has a higher seat than a Warrior and that will aid tipping too. If you go for your 3rd option above then you run the risk of your heels hitting the beam as they cycle the pedals. One of the main reasons for angling the arms in the first place is to clear the feet. Having said all that a straight boom has been done many times before by others and the Streetfox rim braking is not likely to be sharp enough to tip it so I'd go nearer option 2 than option 3 as having your heels hitting the boom is the bigger potential risk.

If you search for posts by Emma, "Twinkle" on here, she's made quite a number of straight boomed Streetfox style trikes.

Thanks,

Tipping forward has been already my concern. And, i understand all your important remarks, going towards solution 2.

But now i am wondering again about the rim braking as you say, because i have planned to build it with the Warrior disk-brakes!

(PS. I found a post by Emma, saying about some old forum, where is that?)