Opinions Wanted... AZ Subscription Based Mega Plan Site!

Website
axerail.coffeecup.com
... until my last breath in 50 more years!

Cheers,
brad
Where did you get your "50 more years" date from? Do you have access to information that the rest of us don't? If you have, don't look mine up as I don't want to know.

Radical Brad

Garage Hacker!
Staff member
I am guesstimating that I will live to be 100, since I am more healthy now being 50 than I was when I was 30.
Farm life has been good to me, and I always choose the hard way to do everything.
Hand shovel snow, carry large logs out of the bush, hold a shovel near the handle, run everywhere instead of walking, etc.

At 100, I will probably forget to unplug some crazy electrical device I am working on, and make it quick!
Perhaps this old project, that has been sitting in my shelter for the last 10 years!...

At least it won't hurt..... zzzzzzphttttt!!!!!!!... lights out!

Brad

Where did you get your "50 more years" date from? Do you have access to information that the rest of us don't? If you have, don't look mine up as I don't want to know.

Radical Brad

Garage Hacker!
Staff member
Thanks!

Actually, I tuned up "Gator" 3 years ago and tried to get a grant from GoldCorp.

That extra $500k would have been great for my lab, but I didn't get it!
That room it is in is exactly where I am sitting right now... my basement office.
During that video, I cracked one of the windows in the basement and shattered some glass plates in the upstairs cupboards!
I no longer play with half a million volts in the house.

So far it has dissaggregated : Kimberlites, Diamonds, Emeralds, Amethyst, Graphite, and Gold from rock cores.
I was also looking at trying to make thin fibre wood pulp, but again... need a funder!

My nerdy side doesn't usually spill over here, but is some of my other spare time insanity projects...

Brad

Radical Brad

Garage Hacker!
Staff member
This is the type of thing I have been doing for a living.
The problem is that R&D is hot and cold, so I have decided to give that up in search of a stable career.

Along with "Gator", I also did a robotic grain picker and an automatic micrograin measuring system using machine vision.
I don't have photos of the measuring system, but here is the robotic grain picker I did...

I would take on this kind of work again if I could find a project that was good for at least a year.

Brad

Brad, did you miss your calling?

At your age, with your talent, with your abilities, and with your resourceful mindset, all I can say is....

IF YOU BUILD IT, THEY WILL COME.

Go for ' it '. No matter what ' IT ' is.

Maybe that 'stable career ' is before you now, and it just hasn't been recognized or capitalized on.
Or did you mean by 'stable' , that you were going to board horses ?

Last edited:

Radical Brad

Garage Hacker!
Staff member
Thanks! Hmmm... working in a stable on a farm may actually be better for my health!
By stable I mean.... I just hope to find a job. Since March, I have put out over 60 resumes!
It's not as easy as it once was out there, and "practical experience" is worth nothing to recruiters now.

Brad

Thanks! Hmmm... working in a stable on a farm may actually be better for my health!
By stable I mean.... I just hope to find a job. Since March, I have put out over 60 resumes!
It's not as easy as it once was out there, and "practical experience" is worth nothing to recruiters now.

Brad
I was born on a 300 acre dairy farm back in Vermont, until I was 9. I have fond memories of those times, and life style.

Website
miscdotgeek.com
You might consider teaching. You're already good at it. There are many sites (udemy.com for example) where you can upload video courses for people to take, and you get $$ when they buy them. There also may be a local college interested in someone with your background to teach some classes. Probably wouldn't be as lucrative as an R&D type of job, but stable is stable.

Radical Brad

Garage Hacker!
Staff member
I looked at the teaching gig here, and almost took some part time work at the College. The problem is that they keep you on call and on a sporadic schedule. Living an hour from town, I might as well just save the gas money and use my time to grow more food. They are always looking for part time profs, but if I could afford that luxury, I wouldn't be looking for the work in the first place. probably why they never fill the positions. Oh, and there is this pesky beast called a union in there as well, a foe that is well beyond my battle skills!

At this point, anything full time will do just fine, I don't care what the work is. I have been applying at hardware stores and everything else that comes up.

Brad