Pull behind camper

Weight is a big issue for anything I pedal any distance and every journey home is uphill as I live at the top of one. I'm sure it would be more enjoyable to live in a valley and have the homeward journey downhill.

Weight is a big issue for anything I pedal any distance and every journey home is uphill as I live at the top of one. I'm sure it would be more enjoyable to live in a valley and have the homeward journey downhill.
Well not only in the hills. Here we have a lot of wind and the big straight sides will catch a lot of wind and slow you down.
Also wil the weight have influence on the battery range of the e-assist.
I want to ride also in other places, so I will also go uphill.

But a higher weight is in this case a way higher price. So I go for the Paul Elkins design and move the tires to the middle. A light and cheap design with luxery.

I found a place for the parts I need. It costs a bit more, but I safe a lot of money on the rest, so the price stays low.
I need to contact them, to see if it is the right stuff.
Than I have transparent plates, but they are better for using outside. Some tape over it and foil on the inside and it is all nicely closed.
The wood is very cheap.
This way I can spend more on a good mattress. 😁

But first I need to get my batteries build. Can't wait till I get the cells so I can build them and finish my trike.

Here an other version of the box design.
In this video, they show how they ad the fabric to it.
It looks good and it will be a light build that is strong and has very low wind resistance.

I was thinking of something like the Dream Boxx but with a overlander roof toptent on a trailer, down side is they are expensive and about 4 feet wide, could make a side tilt bed so it would stand on it's side but wind might become a problem, still might make a good sized camper if one could be found used at a good price.

I am going for the Paul Elkins design with some changes.
Wheels will be 20inch and moved more to the middle.
Width will be a few cm narrower.
Inside, bigger store space ad the walls.
Roof air hole adjustable with a fan.

I need to change some dimensions of the front, but that is no problem.

If you're going to move the wheels more forward, you may want some support to go from the trail chassis to the ground, otherwise when you go to crawl in the back it may lift the front of the trailer, unless you're using a different design than I am familar with

Yes it need support in the rear, just as it has in the front.
But thad is not a problem.
It has advantages. The camper will follow better the line in the corner, plus with the wheels in the middle, the support is on 3 places, instead of only both ends.

Makes semse, I understand now, can't wait to see pictures of your project
I hope to start soon with it. That means that my trike is ready.

But I will already order parts of it, by the end off the month.
I start this week with the sizes I need. I mke the build a bit narrower, so I need to change a few small things.

Next week I will get coraplast sheets, cut in the right sizes. Also cells for a second 1047,6wh battery. This, because the wearer isn't good here and it stays like that for a while. I can build the battery and the camper gor a big part inside. As soon as it is better weather, I can start working on my trike again.

Going for the Paul Elkins design with some changes. I went for his design, because it is cheap, light, lower air resistance than the other ones I have seen and I prefer a non foldable camper.
It has the comfort that I want and still good to ride with some higher speeds and long distances.
The other design was to heavy. It had more comfort, but I only sleep in it and noting more.

I got today a lot of photo's from a German that build Paul Elkins design and made changes to the bottom plate.
He improved it and I will build mine in a cimilar way.
It is stronger.

This is one of hus video's where he shows the bottom plate.

I need to get some extra things, like epoxy, aluminium tubes and some multiplex.
As everything goes well, I will order the wood, the coraplast and the epoxy tomorrow.
I then only need a few metal parts for the wheel mounts and an metal pipe to connect it to the bike.
The I can start building soon on it.