Quad build.

We finally started. We'll we started already with the wheels. They are finished now, but we started cutting the steel tubes.

It was a lot of work, but this is almost all the steel we needed.
Driday we start welding.
I think that it will take a few days, but I hope that next week, the base frames are welded.

Tubing is this time 2mm think, instead of 1,5 what i normally use. It was cheap and good quality and for some parts better. Also easier to weld.

I can't wait till the quads are ready.

Emiel

Great start

Parts for 1 or 2 or .......

Paul

Emiel

Great start

Parts for 1 or 2 or .......

Paul
It is for 2 quads. The long version and the short version.
The long version needs a bit more parts and i changed it while cutting, so it is less than it was before.
It is also 14cm longer in the middle, but that is, so i can make the door before the rear wheel, instead of the back.

I will post some images as we welded friday.

We started welding. This Monday we go further and hopefully we will finish the main frame of one of the 2 quads.

I will post more photos ss we welded Monday.

First base frame is welded. We aren't finished, but the base is ready and Wednesday we start with my frame.

Wheelbase is about the sand, only 26 inch all around.

Now it starts to look like something.

And so we are building our own quads. The buildingplans are great and Emiel drawed a lot with Fusion 360. I am more from, plans in my mind, plans make with my hands. But this time we have chosen to work together on a great dream project. For me a dream who comes thrue. And we are more than just good friends. Emiel has plans to build a camper quad.

Hi Babbas-Cycles & Emiel

It is great that your skills complement each other and it is looking very good.

I am sure Emiels work with 3D cad has prevented a lot of reworks that may have been needed should you have just had a vague idea what you wanted and started cutting and welding steel together.

Keep the updates coming.

Paul

Front frame is mine and rear frame is from Baddas-cycles.
Mine has the rear part, but isn't that much longer. Front will be about 15 to 20cm longer. I must decide what I do, but probably I keep it as short as possible. Making the sides fold open, so it gets just over 2m wide. This makes that I can sleep in it, but still have a compact size quad.
Left some metal parts out, to safe some weight. It was also not needed. The big opening in the back, will probably hold my electronics, batteries and storage space.

Front frame is mine and rear frame is from Baddas-cycles.
Mine has the rear part, but isn't that much longer. Front will be about 15 to 20cm longer. I must decide what I do, but probably I keep it as short as possible. Making the sides fold open, so it gets just over 2m wide. This makes that I can sleep in it, but still have a compact size quad.
Left some metal parts out, to safe some weight. It was also not needed. The big opening in the back, will probably hold my electronics, batteries and storage space.
Do you have an idea of what the raw frame will weigh yet Emiel? It looks to be a real monster. :D

Do you have an idea of what the raw frame will weigh yet Emiel? It looks to be a real monster. :D
I don't know the weight yet. It will be heavy, that is a fact.
I didn't watch the weight, i wanted it to be strong. I lowered my quads weight, but that because i think that it else would be way to heavy.
Also did i want a shorter wheel base, so it isn't to big.

But as i know the weight, i wil let you know.

Yes they will be monsters, not for speed but I hope good comfort with the suspension and good on bad roads and off-road.
People will move out of our way as we come. hahaha

Hi Paul,

I like the first one. Nice design, only not for me.

Mine will be different, because I will sit lower and the rear suspension will be different.
But the concept is about the same.

The rear has the option to Cary stuff, or just like this one, pull a trailer/caravan.
I also want to build a new caravan, but I start with the quad.
Wowser, Howser. Is that a 5th wheel trailer pulled by a pedal car hauling a fat tired pedal car?