Quadracycles

I am looking to build a hybrid of an Lightfoot ATC and a Sacco dog cart.. first time building. I will be updating as I progress. I need to get a plan design first.

I would be so happy to hear about other people's projects!

I see both designs have sufficient suspension and articulation to get around the inherent issue of 4 wheels - that of one wheel leaving the ground. They both work around this but having 4 wheels does mean more chassis and an extra wheel from the weight viewpoint over three wheels. Big fat tyres are also very heavy. 4 wheelers are much rarer than trikes so you may struggle to get a lot of examples to inspire you. Are you planning on pedalling this entirely yourself, getting an electric motor to help, or getting the dog to assist?

For dogs and for pedaling
I see both designs have sufficient suspension and articulation to get around the inherent issue of 4 wheels - that of one wheel leaving the ground. They both work around this but having 4 wheels does mean more chassis and an extra wheel from the weight viewpoint over three wheels. Big fat tyres are also very heavy. 4 wheelers are much rarer than trikes so you may struggle to get a lot of examples to inspire you. Are you planning on pedalling this entirely yourself, getting an electric motor to help, or getting the dog to assist?

I want four wheels for the stability in the rear and being able to attach the dogs in the front

The dogs are strong and can use the hitch as a lever to flip a trike. I am figuring it out as I go. Again-not an expert at building bikes. just at dogs.

Keep to 20" wheels, preferably 48 spoke ones if going off-road. 20" are much stronger than anything bigger. I'd expect that anything towed by dogs could hit a pothole or boulder at quite some speed. Treat 14mm BMX axles as the minimum diameter you'll need. Bigger sizes are 15mm and 20mm thru hubs. If you can support the hubs from both sides in a design then you may get away with 3/8" axles which are more plentiful and cheaper. 3/8" will not survive being mounted from one side only.

I built a complete quadricycle and it's on YouTube now, a 53 second video. Look for the correct word (quadricycle).
I just finished another version with complete suspension and steering with disc brakes. Very easy to build.
I'd like to post pics here but dont know how...
Charlie (Multichaga)

Go see my quadricycle on YouTube. A 53 seconds video.
Charlie (multichaga)

Talk about all quadracycle builds. Cargo, upright and any other purpose.
I built 2 complete quadricycles so far. Very easy to construct. My last one has total suspension, steering and disc brakes.
You may see one of mine on YouTube, a 53 seconds video.
Charlie (multichaga)

Looking good. Do you have power on one wheel or both? And if both, is it a solid axle?
There is power on both rear wheels transmitted by a real bike differential. This diff. is made by SAMAGAGA.COM in Taiwan. Those rear wheels have discs mechanical brakes. They are very affordable. I just ordered 4 wheel hubs from them for another project of a three wheel recumbent. Should be ready by this summer. CG

Welcome to the four wheel community!
Any progress with the ”bike sleigh”?
If this website would be as easy as Facebook to upload photos, I would post 50 pictures of another quad I made and also this one with new features. But it is not compatible with me.

This forum works in the same manner as almost every other forum for pictures.

First upload it to a picture hosting site such as imgur.com. There are many others. From there you can get a direct link to it and then paste that link into the box that appears when you click the 10th icon from the left above where you type (the one that looks like a picture).

This forum works in the same manner as almost every other forum for pictures.

First upload it to a picture hosting site such as imgur.com. There are many others. From there you can get a direct link to it and then paste that link into the box that appears when you click the 10th icon from the left above where you type (the one that looks like a picture).

Will try.