RECON LIZARD

well after getting home from camping and doing some research I found this
https://www.icetrikes.co/explore/video/the-ice-recumbent-trike-range
basically the foundation for my RECON LIZARD.
I noticed that the kingpins are really short and no front suspension.
my plan is to place the front bar further forward, the BB before the front bar.Add a belly pan of expanded metal.
After I get two projects done I will go full force on this until winter comes and can't go out to the shop (really cold out there)

I recently installed a sub panel and ran some #8 wire out to the shop. Asked the boss if I can order a heat pump for summer AND winter --NO WAY!!
I have a dish heater but really only heats just in front of it.
Looking at late october early November before it gets really cold out there.

I recently installed a sub panel and ran some #8 wire out to the shop. Asked the boss if I can order a heat pump for summer AND winter --NO WAY!!
I have a dish heater but really only heats just in front of it.
Looking at late October early November before it gets really cold out there.
You just got back from camping, and we're getting ready to go out, the end of this month.
We're headed to Pinzanita Rv Park and Campground http://pinezanita.com/
It's about a three hour drive for us.

INSULATION ! ..INSULATION !..INSULATION !

FWIT

I hunted the internet for insulation at prices lower than the big box stores. I found such a site, and purchased 4 battens, (R-30) for nearly half the price, AND, I got it locally.
My old 12 x 30 shop (360 sq ft) is completely insulated. (Ceiling and walls). It stays +/- 10-15 degrees cooler than my new 16 x 24 shop (384 sq ft), which is insulated on only 2 1/2 walls.
The ceiling really needs to be done next. Its the source for the most heat gain.
I can heat my new shop with just a single tank top propane heater.
However, I need to finish insulating one wall and the ceiling, before deciding, what if any, heating/cooling needs to be purchased.

Last edited:
My garage / shop has no insulation and the walls are sitting on bare ground.
If I had the funds, I would build a metal pole barn type shop but may just reinforce what I have and basically build new walls outside the existing walls.

While waiting for parts for my street fox w/rear hub drive I have drilled all my spoke flanges and looking for my deburring bit

BIG change of plans for hubs. Purchased the $30 hubs that were posted and now to figure out how to proceed.
I assembled my flanges etc and the DIY hubs look clunky and are heavy so I purchased two new hubs w/ 3/4" axles. Issues are I need to order new spokes as the flanges are different sizes on each hub plus the flanges need to be 4 inches apart (fat tire wheels) then add in the new hubs are aluminium so welding is out the door. Epoxy is one method but then maybe fiberglass might be better?
Will ponder both methods. Meanwhile I have been searching for a bearing to post a pic of my DIY suspension swing arm. No have got so I hope not to take my trike apart hjust for a pic but there is hope as I recall taking a pic of setup so I need to search my picture files.

here are the pics of my fat tire hubs for 3/4 inch / 20mm axles

the one pic is before I cut the hubs in half. second pic is what the final hub will look like.
my plan is to epoxy the extension tube then wrap with fiberglass to make them look pretty.
pic does not have the crush tubes pictured as I need to cut them yet.

been contemplating ideas about the front boom placement and got to wondering if there is an algorithm with respect to wheel size, trike track and wheel base along with our friend COG.
Using 26 inch fat tires so I think (need to actually measure outside diameter of a fat tire) but 30 should be a ballpark figure. Well if the track (distance between front wheels) is 32 then you basically have a square but then my thinking may be in left field.
WIDER TRACK = stability, SHORT WHEEL BASE = agility. BUT Mr COG comes in to play along with tire/hand contact using USS.
LOTS to consider. Was planning to just stick the cross boom in front of the BB but that would lessen any agility and screw up the COG.
After it stops raining here in SW Washington I am going to actually measure tires etc and draw it all on Sketchup.

been thinking on this project seeing how it is cold n wet outside. Considering two motors (hub and mid drive) in case of a chain breakage or ?. Of coarse have two battery packs, one throttle and two battery power level gauge using LEDs. Using electronic switching for determining which motor you want to run with. Would be easy to do.

Well the weather is finally getting better for working outside so time to consider working on this project.
Been researching DOUBLE Wishbone SUSPENSION and really thinking about how to achieve.
Just need to find the preferred camber/caster measurements. Will locate then draw up preliminary ideas.