This is interesting tilting delta ?

Hi all

This looks interesting :-

Longabike

Can't figure out how suspension works though ? only 1 shocker.

regards Paul

Hi all

This looks interesting :-

Longabike

regards Paul
Yes, it is VERY attractive as a build and as a concept. The late "Sandman" (John) was looking at doing something like this as his next build.
I like the clever use of a central drive shaft and independent trailing arms; one with the manual (N380) gearing and the other with the hub-motor.
The hollow central section means you can insert an extension-tube in there to add a larger rear load space support I think.
Now there's a target for your next build Paul!! :D

Dan

Tempted as I used to have a delta trike similar and it could negotiate all my obstacles with ease.
However this build is a little odd as he has both 26" rear and 20" front wheels ?
I suspect that is because the drive shaft is sat under the boom and is quite bulky ? so they though they needed 26" wheels to get some clearance ?

It could have a body like this ?:-

Which spookliy as has 20 x 26 wheels as well

All this needs is for the front of the body to be as high as the head tube top eliminating the knee bulges , then a detachable nose cone that just covers the front wheel to streamline it ?

I must say I like the look of this orange delta. Reminds me of the old time race cars with the open wheel's. The knee bulges aren't terribly attractive but the otherwise sloping downward's body should offer good visibility.

Paul,
I can see how the suspension works :)
Very clever, and also tilt-limit and the tilt lock.
Very nice indeed.

Website
axerail.coffeecup.com
I like that longabike thing. Has been filed in a hard-to-access section of the brain so it won't spawn yet another project but, I fear it already has, at least for the mental design bit. Must store those videos. Damn, it's got me already.

I must say I like the look of this orange delta. Reminds me of the old time race cars with the open wheel's. The knee bulges aren't terribly attractive but the otherwise sloping downward's body should offer good visibility.
This is the only other picture that I can find left on the web ?

However as this is my thread we can go off piste a bit , I have more pictures and will post them if there is interest , oddly they must be foot bumps and not as I speculated knee bumps ....

Now it is far easier to eliminate foot bumps than knee bumps ;)

I like that longabike thing. Has been filed in a hard-to-access section of the brain so it won't spawn yet another project but, I fear it already has, at least for the mental design bit. Must store those videos. Damn, it's got me already.
Of course:-

Normally you would not want that height as it won't corner well ? but it tilts !!!

Normally you would want that height when riding in traffic ? and you can have it , it tilts !!!

Normally you would want that height for easy mounting and to get out of the dirt ? and you can have it , it tilts !!!

seems like win - win - win ?

Of course:-

Normally you would not want that height as it won't corner well ? but it tilts !!!

Normally you would want that height when riding in traffic ? and you can have it , it tilts !!!

Normally you would want that height for easy mounting and to get out of the dirt ? and you can have it , it tilts !!!

seems like win - win - win ?
Then Build, Build, Build. When I last looked they were about 6,000 euros.

I have to say that it looks like an ideal home for my "other" N380. :p
My mind is in a whirl......... "A PROJECT".

Can't figure out how suspension works though ? only 1 shocker.
On the cross axel a subframe is attached, with the pivot point for the tilting, the suspension is between the subframe and the frame.
This video is clearer.

Note the tiltlock on the subframe to prevent the bike from collapsing.
There is also a u-bracket for max/min tilt.

On the cross axel a subframe is attached, with the pivot point for the tilting, the suspension is between the subframe and the frame.
This video is clearer.

Note the tiltlock on the subframe to prevent the bike from collapsing.
There is also a u-bracket for max/min tilt.
Rather tempting as a goal. I know it has 26/20 config, but I happen to have some nice wide 36Hole 24" Unicycle Rims and that would be a nice option I think. Fat-tyred cruiser.

Pegasus/DannyC

Ah just the same as a beam axle then , so no independent wheel suspension on the back.

Dan I have a selection of both 20" and 24" suspension forks ? interested ?

Paul

Pegasus/DannyC

Ah just the same as a beam axle then , so no independent wheel suspension on the back.

Dan I have a selection of both 20" and 24" suspension forks ? interested ?

Paul
Hold that thought Paul. I really must get LOKI sorted and this other Delta up and running first.

Something about a delta always looked more "right" to me.
If I finally get to do a velo one day, it will be a delta for sure.

Brad
Aye Long live the delta I say ....

I've always thought the opposite. I'm old enough to remember the Reliant Robin and that was more than enough to cloud my views. The old Morgan then confirmed my views. I fully appreciate there's a difference twix car and pedal but the basic physics remains.

I've always thought the opposite. I'm old enough to remember the Reliant Robin and that was more than enough to cloud my views. The old Morgan then confirmed my views. I fully appreciate there's a difference twix car and pedal but the basic physics remains.
All the finesse of an "Invacar", Britains answer to the "Trabant".
The Invacar was made here in Thundersley for a time. http://www.virtualgaz.com/invacarpage.htm

I hardly think you are comparing like for like ?

So compare your Morgan to this ? Vigilante

In 1993 the first Vigillante prototype appeared and has to currently be the most powerful road 3-wheeler in the world. Powered by a 700 hp Chevy engine this two seater is an enhanced version of the TriVette. Sprinting from 0 - 60mph in just 3 seconds and with a top speed of over 200 mph the Vigillante is quicker on acceleration and braking than a £634,500 (over $1 million) McLaren F1 road car, and comparable in cornering. The car has a maximum theoretical tip-over limit is calculated to be 3.27 lateral "g" and so the car will slide long before it reaches its tip-over limit. The vehicle is made from a light weight aluminium, honeycomb, foam, and composite tub, whilst the body work is a composite of aircraft fibreglass, Kevlar and carbon fibre in an epoxy matrix helping to keep the weight of the Vigillante down to 1,480 pounds.

Now we are talking !