Timberwolf front fork

Hello all - I am new to this forum!

I have begun to build a timber-wolf trike. I know very little about bicycles and handling qualities of various components. I have an old Mongoose moutain bike 24" front fork with suspension that I would like to use. The plans indicate to use a 20" front fork, would there be any handling issues generated by using the 24" fork? I figured I would just weld it on at a height that maintains level on the main tube.

Any advise? Concerns/recommendations?

The angle of the head tube/forks is the most important part of handling.

24 should be fine. Not sure what effect front suspension will have. I assume not too much.

Last edited:
I wouldn't expect any handling issues from such a swap. Do remember though that that extra 2" radius may put the rear of the wheel nearer the arc of the pedals if you are tall. So long as you can maintain a clearance you should have no problem.

On a motorcycle or pedal cycle the steeper the headset angle the faster it steers but the more likely it is to highside you with a tank slapper. On a pedal cycle it's much less of an issue due to slower speeds but there's no way I would go anywhere near vertical. Even MotoGP bikes don't get anywhere near vertical.