Unbelievable ? 20kg fully suspended quad and a 10kg useful body !

Hi there

Almost missed this with the title :- The Bubble

regards Paul

A lot of carbon there. Those wheels are interesting with carbon 3 spokes plus heavy guage wire ones. I haven't trawled the full thread but I wonder if the axles are 3/8? I wonder at some of the joints and tubes used as beams. He's triangulated where he can but carbon stressed as a beam is a worry. Big respect for going that way.

A lot of carbon there. Those wheels are interesting with carbon 3 spokes plus heavy guage wire ones.
That disc story started when I contacted Jerry Samagaga about the drive arms of the differential and asked about discs at the same time. Samagaga used to sell three- and five-spoke wheels. Jerry said that they had to stop making them because of durability problems. They only had cast aluminum discs for sale. Unfortunately, the disc weighed 1.8 kg each, so when the goal was a light structure, I didn't think I could use them. However, I needed discs with a 15 mm axle and a 6-bolt brake disc mount. I couldn't find one. Of course, by piling them together starting from the hubs, they would have faded into a pile, but even so, costs would have been incurred. I don't know how to surface discs myself. When I was browsing the internet, I found those wheels on Aliexpress, I think it's Carbon-Bike Store. They advertised it as light and tubeless ready, by chance some kind of discount sale was also on. The delivery was efficient and fast. When I looked at the discs, I was left thinking about Jerry's comments, the discs are made for BMX use and apparently not to withstand lateral forces. Nervous about this, I put additional surfaces from carbon fiber cords. They were quite easy to make, but getting the preload required regular tuning. They don't hurt the eyes... The purpose would be to put the cover plates if the project moves to the covering phase. The mold for it is already ready.

Google translate calls them disc's in the above.

I haven't trawled the full thread but I wonder if the axles are 3/8? I wonder at some of the joints and tubes used as beams. He's triangulated where he can but carbon stressed as a beam is a worry. Big respect for going that way.
Axles at the diff end 17mm and wheel end 15mm.

yes very experimental and possibly if it does fail it may be spectacular , lets hope no one is hurt !

Paul