Viking captain/stoker pedaling

As I see it when captain is pedaling the stoker is not able to stop pedaling . The stoker can only stop when captain allows ,no rest for stoker Lol! correct me if I’m wrong and has anyone designed anything different?

But in the end , I coupled both again, as "stoker /captain" need to keep sync, otherwise strange things happen. Like heel-toe strikes.
The main benefit I got from all the work is the fact the Mid motor is decoupled from captain and stocker.

That's correct.
Ok , I thought that is the way it is . I would like to figure out a away times totally separate them , momma don’t think I will let her rest enough lol
But in the end , I coupled both again, as "stoker /captain" need to keep sync, otherwise strange things happen. Like heel-toe strikes.
The main benefit I got from all the work is the fact the Mid motor is decoupled from captain and stocker.
what are your thoughts of having a rear wheel left and right side bmx sprocket . Captain uses Viking transmission and right side bmx at rear wheel and stoker will drive independently to left side bmx sprocket single speed ?

Ok , I thought that is the way it is . I would like to figure out a away times totally separate them , momma don’t think I will let her rest enough lol

what are your thoughts of having a rear wheel left and right side bmx sprocket . Captain uses Viking transmission and right side bmx at rear wheel and stoker will drive independently to left side bmx sprocket single speed ?
My point being , I’d have to separate left and right drive sprockets at rear wheel

Unless the bike is long enough, with enough seperation between captain and stoker to avoid feet interference, it's not a "option" I would use.
And with some more tought. How difficult is it not to put power to moving pedals. A idling stoker is noticable.... The captain captains.... crew not performing can walk the plank....