Want to see some excellent machines @ a BHPC race meeting ?

Hi all

great video
Stourport 2022

slow races and fast races and has a rear steer trike some velomobiles being whupped by 2 high racers and a M5 low racer also hand cycles , cycle cars , 2 wheeled stream liners , upright trikes even racing bromptons [ could be Moulton's I am no expert ].

The course had 2 hairpins and some up hills . negating any speed advantage the velomobiles might have.

Most fun you can have with your clothes on ?

This is the BHPC 2022 events calendar they may be racing near you ?

You can go and watch for free and talk to the racers and look the machines over.

Paul

Good to see "Beano" and Slasher-Slade still going like stink. :)

Hi all

Another excellent video from a BHPC race.

This is a potential Battle Mountain contender being tested , not fully enclosed and with some problems.
However the video captures a track full of velomobiles [ some I have never heard of ] the guy riding it is capable of over 800 watts ! comfortably more than 1 hp !

Nail biting finish....Colchester April 2022

Also see some of the velomobiles fish tailing along ,some of that is caused by the rocking motion set up when pedalling fast and I believe some is caused by soft rear suspension. Possibly because these velomobiles are normally ridden on the roads where you need some suspension travel.

There are also 2 Quattro velomobiles.

I am hoping to go to the June race meeting at the York Velodrome and see some of these machines in the flesh.
The plan is to visit York race course for an early breakfast with some of my friends then go to the race meeting from there , of course I shall be riding Tilt#6 if anyone can get and wants to see/try it out for themselves.

Paul