Warrior racing trike changed design

Here an image where it's more clear how I did the rear.
Instagram

I am outlining my rear wheel. It's a bit off, but not so much that I can't solve it.

Looking good , next hurdle chain management !

Looking good , next hurdle chain management !
Thank you.
I know, but my chain is 's bit to short, so I must extend it. Getting that soon and then I can work on that.
Now the holes are closed, it looks better. It isn't perfect yet, but I clean the welds and put some new ones on ad I am ready.

I am making mounts under the luggage carrier, where I hang my bags on. Under the seat I make a mounting for side bags.

I fixed today my city bike instead of working on my trike. I pick up this coming week the latest parts up as the shop owner is not on holiday.
Waiting for 2 ball bearings, but I expect them this week. But even without them, I will start working further on my steering.
I will also start on the rear luggage rack.
As I get all parts this week, then I will have my trike next week ready for a test drive.

While building, I changed several things and I am already thinking of doing a second build with those and other changes.
Now I am started, I am getting addicted to building recumbents. 🤣🤣🤣

I ordered the final part to finish the drive train. Tomorrow I only need to pickup a few bolds and then I can put the chain on.
I got the guide wheels and extended my chain. The front derailleur will come this Friday.
The ball bearings for the steering come this week I hope. Then I can finish the steering this weekend.
If not, than I start with the luggage rack on the back.

For the seat, I am getting an anti sweat cushion that you see also on velomobiles. He has one that fits, but he can make it also custom to my seat.
I go for that, so I don't have to make my own and it doesn't sweat that much as with a foam cushion on it.
But that part will come next month.

So almost ready for a test ride. 😊

What a day. First I got an order, but I forgot to change my address. But luckily the new home owner was ad home and gave me my package.
After I got home and mounted the front deraillar, that I got the wrong angle deraillar mount. I mailed the shop and hope to get tomorrow or Monday a reply with if I can swap it and witch one I need.

Then I went to a store and got clamps for my steering and I got a rear fender. When I got home, I noticed that I payed 50% to much. So I called them and I must go back tomorrow. They give me the money that I payed to much.
I planned to work on my bike, so I could finish the drive train and the steering, do I can test drive. I can still do that, only not mount the front deraillar. But that isn't a problem.

I only need w m6 bolds and then I can finish the build.
Next week I hope to do my first test run.
I will also ad the luggage carrier on the back. Ad lighting and the front brakes.
By the end of next month I get my seat cushion and I will then also paint my bike.

I don't have to do much, but I spend to much money already. So the paint must wait. Else it would be ready in a week or 2.
But I will test ride it a lot and see where I need to change things. That is the positive thing of not painting it yet.
I have paint for the wooden seat, do I paint that, when I sanded the seat.

I hope that after today, I have more luck.
The mud guard is for a 20 to 24 inch, but the radius follies my 26inch very well. It's only a bit shorter, but that isn't a problem.
I will probably get 2 more of them for my front wheels. Or I get one and use the tiny ones. I must look ad that.

Today was a great day.
I got a reply from the hop about the front deraillar mount. He told me to try to bend it. But I decided to change the front boom and put it horizontal. This solved the problem.
I only need to weld it now.

This is the rear mud guard. It's for a 20-24 inch wheel, but it fits perfectly on a 26 inch wheel.
I only need to make a mounting point for it.

It's today a wonderful day.
Everything goes great now.
I got my money back, solved the deraillar problem and now it seems that everything fits just as I want it.

It was a hot day today, but in the evening I worked a bit on the frame.
I solved the front deraillar problem and it's now welded.
I also welded a mount for one of the guide wheels for the chain. I only need the weld the one in the front and then I can put the chain on.
The underseat steering will be removed again. I mou Ted it, but I don't like that it isn't that stiff. So I switch to direct steering. I can make it stiffer, but then it is to low to the ground.

I decided to make the rear luggage carrier removable, so I only make the mounting on the back for it. Then I ad the mounting for my mudguard and a headrest.

It was today to jot, to do a lot. I waited till the evening and worked for a short time.
I hope that it cools down this week, so I can finish my bike.

As soon as I can ride, I go to Eindhoven to De liggende Hollander to show the trike and for the seat cover.
After that I will take the bike apart and clean the welds, give them an extra check and paint the trike.

Latest update.

Added the mudguard and made it do I can put on the chain.

The weather got bad, so I had to stop working.
Tomorrow it is a lit cooler and I hope also dry. Then I can work further on the front wheels. Need to shorten the spacers. As that is done, I will start mounting the steering and the front brakes.

It's really looking good!
So much better to see these full size pics rather than those postage stamp sized images they force on instagram.

Brad
Thank you.
I steel need to clean it all up, but after that is done and it is painted, then it looks better.

Yes instagram isn't great for that.
But for showing many people it works great.

Made the direct steering today.
I only need to shorten the bars on the right size, but I am still looking how long I want them.

Made them steering a bit turned inwards. That felt better while holding them.

Now I need a chain splitter. I want to put the chain on.
I only have to mount the rear deraillar and connect that shifter and the rear break. Then I can make a small test ride.

I rolled around and it feels good.
I can't wait for the cushen for the seat and when it's finished.

For now I only ad a mount for my 2 bags and probably for 2 side bags. The rest comes later or I put it al in my bike trailer that I am going to make lighter and make to fit with the trike.

Emiel

You bars may be more comfortable if you angled them forwards ?

regards Paul

Hi Paul,
The angle isn't right yet. But my arms are a bit higher, so forward isn't working for me, but a bit more vertical will be better.

Tomorrow I hope to get a chain splitter, so I can put my chain on.
I want to test ride it first.

Emiel

Hi Paul, I just tried it again and the angle must be almost vertical.
I will make a cut in the 90 degree part and bend it there. Then it will also bend a bit more inwards.

Next time as you come over to the Netherlands, I can ride with you. Then is my trike ready.
Now don't come this week, because then I am not ready yet. 🤣🤣

No images today, but I did some work on my trike.
I got 2 1mm spacers for my front wheels.
Changed the mounting a bit and now the tires are hitting the right spot on the ground. So that problem is solved.
Made holes in my steering for the shifter cables and shorted them.
Only need to change the angle.

Now I am looking for a position for the head rest it is not really a headrest so I place it more to the rear. I use it to mount a rear light and the mounting for my bike trailer.
And I ad mounting for the gear and break cables. Hopefully I can finish that all this weekend.

I need a chain splitter, but the bike shop was closed. So hopefully they are open tomorrow.

I need to close some holes, but I test it first.

I was putting on the chain and I am lucky that I used a tirap to hold it togheter.
The chain sits good, but in the front, the bottom one is under an angle and as I pedal back, the chain gears up. So I need to lower the chain and put it in the center like the top. Also make the mounting so it can move a bit more. Then that is solved.
The rear looks good. I only bring the top chain a bit more down. It's c lose to the frame and I like it a bit lower.
Other then that, the rear looks good. I am going to play with the rear deraillar to see if I mou Ted it under the right angle but it looked good when I changed gears.

The cables is an other story.
I need a longer outer cable for the rear gears. For the front is good.
The rear break I need a bit longer inner cable. I don't know if they excist, else I make from 2, one cable.
I changed the steering and that made that the cables need to be a bit longer.

The front brakes come later. I first finish this for a test ride.

Now with the chain on the frame, I want even more to get it ready.
It also feels good to put the chain on.

I changed the position of the chain and connected the gearing and rear break.
After that I did a test ride.

The front wheels where pointing inwards instead of a tiny bit outwards. I noticed that while riding. After I changed that, I noticed that the it went a lot better. It isn't perfect yet, but that comes later when I build it again after it is painted.

The trike rides good. I noticed several things.
Riding away is heavier then on a city bike but as soon as you reached your speed, the bike keeps a lot easier that speed.
The speed feels higher then it really is.
Even on a bumpy rode, it isn't as bad as I expected. I feel a lot less then I thought I would. Must say that I must put more air in the tires, but still it felt good. When I have my seat ready, it will be even better.
The steering was in the beginning not feeling very good, but after I changed the wheels, that problem was solved.
The trike isn't noisy.
After riding I wasn't tired. I steel need to ride more, but it felt if it costs me less energy.

Puting the chain in the front lower instead of next to the other chain, made that the problems with padeling back is solved.

Even with the front and rear deraillar not adjested good, it was a great ride.
I can't ride tonight, because I have only lights ad the front but not ad the rear.
First I finish the build and then I ad lighting and do some other test rides.
Only need to get a longer inner break cable and a longer rear shift inner and outer cable.
Also ad a bit of tubing under the seat.

Almost done!

There is no feeling like a new ride coming together. Worth all the fiddling. Good job Emiel.
The setup was even terrible, but it feld good. I have now also adjusted the gears and setup the rear break the right way. The front wheels are now also lined out right. A small run and it was now riding good.

Now I feel also a lot better, knowing that the bike is good so far and that I can go one with the build without needing to fix things.

I also noticed that even being so low to the ground, that people see you. They all looked ad me riding around. 😊