what does the street fighter or warrior cost to make in time/labor and $$$?

Twinkle

Super Moderator
Or go chro-moly lighter than mild steel and stronger .
We all have used the methods listed above but again you pays your monies and get what you pay for .
Quality equipment on a good build makes a reliable trike .

THANKS FOR IDEAS. for what ever reason it is hard for me to find tubing less than 0.65" wall thickness in the USA. the only place sellign chromolly near me ,,,does not have it any thinner than 0.065" wall anyways
https://stockcarsteel.com/4130-chrome-moly/4130-chrome-moly-square-tube
unless you get very small tubes like 1x1"

Everyone says aluminum is more expensive than steel, but by the time you figure the labor to paint the steel, aluminum is actually cheaper in my experience. 6063 alloy 1.5x2.25 rectangular AL tube with 0.1 walls is what I was thinking of using. I wish I could find thin wall 6061 tubing but again it is rare to find.
A failed aluminum frame is pretty easy to fix so I'm not too worried about it. Just reinforce with some steel if needed.

Last edited:
Website
miscdotgeek.com
Do as you wish, but please keep a couple of things in mind:

You bought these plans from somebody who's designed, built, documented and instructed the world on how to hack on bikes. If you're going to knock the designs, do it after you've built at least one design. And if you do need to knock it, don't do it here :p

Really though, build one to plans, learn the things you can only learn by doing, and make your mods on the next one. Brad makes it look easy, but that doesn't mean there isn't a method to the madness! :)

Banglen, Thailand and a little bit Reading, UK
....have successfully used sub 1mm section stainless for my builds - trike, LWB & SWB, and a DF bike. My TIG box is DC only, so no aly for me. Having to heat treat the stuff after welding is a real faff. Another idea would be to use galvanised - it TIG's reall well and no prepping of weld area needed, then a dab of paint and you're done.......

....have successfully used sub 1mm section stainless for my builds -
1.5" sq stainless tube with 0.048" wall is 0.97 lbs /foot compared to 1.26 lbs/ft of 0.65" wall carbon steel. so about a 23% weight savings. I think this is a much better idea. only problem is stainless is 3x the price of carbon steel. If needed 0.65" wall tube is also readily available.

Last edited:
Banglen, Thailand and a little bit Reading, UK
1.5" sq stainless tube with 0.048" wall is 0.97 lbs /foot compared to 1.26 lbs/ft of 0.65" wall carbon steel. so about a 23% weight savings. I think this is a much better idea. only problem is stainless is 3x the price of carbon steel. If needed 0.65" wall tube is also readily available.
....you're getting the idea now, you need to look at what's available in your area. Over here, stainless is very cheap and easily available, as is argon. The local shops here will cut it to size at no extra cost, and free delivery. Aly is not so easy to get, but won't be shedding any tears about that.......