Wild Fires

From one who lives in a wild fire prone state, to all our AZ friends, and all who call Australia home.
I have felt compelled to say something, to those having to endure the ravages of the fires.
The loss of wild life, .....especially those beautiful koala bears, and kangaroo's.

Here in California, every year the wild fires cause so much destruction.
Sometimes it seems like its year around.

From the reports seen here, all in Australia, are fighting a huge war against mother nature.
Although there are reports that, 'as we have had', there are evil people starting some of those fires.

My heart goes out to all that are directly affected, and hope and prayers, for all in Australia.

Last edited:
Website
axerail.coffeecup.com
Thanks for your thoughts Ed. There has been a bit of relief for last couple of days - at least in New South Wales and Victoria. Fortunately, nothing of any real threat came close to here. Of course, there is one heck of a lot of work required in cleaning up and re-building now required.

I did a Google on "Australia bushfire statistics" just before typing this and the affect of bushfires during the last two centuries is huge. Population density is much greater these days. I have not been directly impacted but I have lived through only a few. I remember looking west one afternoon around 1968 when I was taking a breather from railway track repairs north of a place called Kotta, Victoria and remarking to my fellow workers that something strange was happening as everything that the sun was shining on had a steely blue tinge to it. Mind you, all tools were almost too hot to touch. We didn't carry phones, etc., in those days and had to wait until the news that night to find out that much of the state was on fire.

I'm afraid that the summer months are approached with a fair amount of trepidation. Although I live within a few hundred metres of a small forest and am surrounded by short grass and other vegetation, the area is not considered a high risk area, but one never knows. Fires don't care what is high risk or low risk and it only takes one fire ...