Would this be of use to anyone ? Hilgo gear changer

Hi all

the idea is no hanging derailleur so allowing the gear changer to be on the floor in an enclosed vehicle no lower than the cassette.

Will need a 2 cable changer , unless a simple spring and one cable could be made to work.
if one cable/spring would work it could be made to fail in low gear instead a normal derailleur failing in high gear [ most annoying ! ]

Paul

It looks like a chain-complicated motorbike sequential gearbox, or a variant on the Pinion gear.

Also, it's not that difficult to replace all cable actuated changer with a servo-linac.

Looks like a repurposed drawer slider. I don't see why a single cable and spring won't work just as well.
yes that is what they are based on , then further down the chain is a tensioner so splitting the rear mech functions.

It was designed for a velomobile , where the long term reviewer said it was tricky to know what gear you were in.
I assume that may have been because the 2 cable changer used was from the step-less Nuvinci drive ? so no detents and the whole ethos from 10 speeds days of changing by ear can't work in a velomobile :D

Paul

It looks like a chain-complicated motorbike sequential gearbox, or a variant on the Pinion gear.
Just discovered the Pinion P-18 Gearbox this week.

May I ask you a couple of questions about this?

Do you or anyone here have any personal experience integrating (or finding one available) it into a build in North America?

Also, can anyone tell me why their gearboxes wouldn't enable us to contrive 1-4 wheel central drivetrains with linkages? It seems like one could build a universal Marauder/Streetfox/Voyager/Tricruiser/Streetfighter central boom if that component could tie them all together..

Been calling around and hitting brick walls of silence searching for prices and availability, any advice or suggestions are appreciated. Trying to push a few boundaries with this, 3rd build but 1st from the frame up.

Thanks from the new guy!!!

As you can see in my left sidebar, I'm EU based. So, no experience with North American Pinion users. Nor with Pinion gears themselfs.

But yes, you can use a Pinion as the core of any human pedalpowered vehicle. As it's a replacement for a bottom bracket.